!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

I need help on my seo title and description by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

Paypal and Gtb problem by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

http versus https by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2017]

Identity Verification On amzon Associates account by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 06, 2017]

site to test my domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 01, 2017]

how soon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 24, 2017]

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 19, 2017]

How to Withdraw from Paypal in Nigeria Using Payoneer Card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 12, 2017]

linking a post to an external link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 10, 2017]

Building with WordPress by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 09, 2017]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 08, 2017]

Create a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 07, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 04, 2017]

Facebook advert by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Hello sir by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 27, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Author Topic: Where Do I Get Posts for my Blog?  (Read 904 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 15
    • Sme Solutions Nigeria
Where Do I Get Posts for my Blog?
« on: Oct 24, 2011 »
Hello Tony, i own a blog themed on jobs in nigeria. It is becoming increasingly difficult to get job vacancies to publish(most site owners lock their sites so one can't copy). Please where do i get jobs to publish? Also,i know that copying an pasting directly can get my adsense account banned;but will copying,editing and pasting also get my adsense account banned? Third,what is the level of editing one can do? Ist 100 words?

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
Re: Where Do I Get Posts for my Blog?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011 »
Hi Mr. Mike,

Before going on to answer your question I wish to point out something. Google recently updated their search engine and they are now stricter when it comes to their definition of duplicate content. In the past, you could get away with just changing the order of paragraphs when editing but with this their new update, we are no longer very sure how much editing is needed to differentiate your posts.

This is why we no longer specifically suggest the jobs niche to anyone anymore. Instead, we are focusing more on teaching you how to find your own cluster of unique and profitable niches which you can dominate instead of battling it out with thousands of competitors in the jobs niche. The jobs niche in Nigeria is now virtually saturated.

With this new Google update (called Google Panda update, search for it), now we are no longer sure how much editing is required and what level can get your account banned so we are instead now teaching in this new book how to  discover other possibly more lucrative niches apart from jobs niche where you can easily generate original content and I suggest that you do not worry yourself too much about your jobs website until we have sent and you have read all the Lessons.

Having said that, about 60% of the jobs we post come from online sources. Some of these are:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some of the companies also allow you to register to be alerted when there are new jobs. We always look out for such facility when we visit any corporate site and if they have alerts, we register. I cant remember all but I think we registered for:

Total Nigeria (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

GE Careers job alert You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (check the page, you will see the subscribe form where it says Join our talent community

Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +68
  • My Rank: 47
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2011 »
 8) Hey Tony, u said the job niche is saturated but not all of them are into e-business from expert's point of view and going by some outlines in your tutorials. therefore i believe there is still room despite the competition as i wont be mentioning some sites name to avoid distraction from this discussion.
Besides
1.) what other niches do u suggest

2.) how do we get content for those niches without incurring Google wrath on our account or even more, de-indexing our websites.

Don't Give Up, Don't Give in, Give It Your All....It is Always Worth the Effort

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2011 »
Hello problogger. I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean when you say "not all of them are into e-business from expert's point of view and going by some outlines in your tutorials" so maybe you can elaborate more on the statement.

Also please feel free to name names and links if it is going to enhance or clarify the point that you are trying to make. Like in this case I really think you should provide the links so that we get a better idea of what you are trying to say. Don't worry its a private forum and the outside world cannot see these discussions.

Regarding the jobs niche, truth is, it is still a very popular niche and lucrative but its dominated by the big players and those who are ready to spend money on paid advertising like facebook ads and so on. But if you are just starting out and you expect to compete and struggle for search engine traffic with them then you might as well not just bother because you will only be wasting your time and energy.

Secondly, the Nigerian jobs niche is now filled with so much duplicate content and unless you have a way of getting purely original content, it is not wise to go in because Google is getting tougher on duplicate content. (Read about the Google Panda Update I mentioned in my earlier reply.)

And don't forget that hundreds of people are opening new Nigerian job websites everyday (we get up to 5 clients almost every week who pay us to build job websites for them, despite our advice) so the competition is getting harder. In fact, take it from me and forget about the jobs niche for now. There are new and easier/smarter strategies that you can employ nowadays, so let the ignorant ones fight and break their heads competiting in the jobs niche. In the next lesson, we shall begin to dig into these new techniques so just be patient.

Lastly, Your questions 1 and 2 will be answered in detail in the next lesson that we shall release so please wait for it.

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +68
  • My Rank: 47
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2011 »
 8)1.) what i meant by "some of them are not into ebusiness from expert's point of view": At times i do come across websites that duplicates content from other sites instead of writing fresh content on their own; others do not SEOptimize their website, etc. When i come across such links again, will keep you posted.

2.) Will read the Google Panda Update but do you re-write your content for latestnigerianjobs.com? Are your clients aware of this duplicate content issue? Reason i am asking is that some of them may not be aware or even bother to ask you and when it happens, they will blame you for not telling them and flaw your internet business blueprint. I think you should look into that or what is your view.

3.) Will be patient for your updates.
Don't Give Up, Don't Give in, Give It Your All....It is Always Worth the Effort

• Level 0 (Newbie)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 5
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2011 »
I could not locate job alert box on unjobs.org as indicated above, kindly put me through

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2011 »
@Oyetunji: If you check my post again, you will see that I was not referring to the first set of links for the job alert boxes. I actually only referred to the lower two. Also, not all companies/job sources have these alerts.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2011 »
@problogger:

1.) what i meant by "some of them are not into ebusiness from expert's point of view": At times i do come across websites that duplicates content from other sites instead of writing fresh content on their own; others do not SEOptimize their website, etc. When i come across such links again, will keep you posted.

Most of these site owners do not actually understand what they should or should not be doing. In fact 80% of them don't even understand what SEO or duplicate content is. It is too bad that a lot of people trying to make money online don't really know what they are doing

Will read the Google Panda Update but do you re-write your content for latestnigerianjobs.com

Only about 60% of our posts were copied and yes we used to rewrite our copied posts by rearranging the paragraphs and adding new information. But now you will notice that we don't have adsense on the site and we have not even updated for a while. This was to prevent any backlash from the Panda. We are now trying to figure out a way to get original content only and this may require us rethinking the whole concept. But for now, we are only monetizing the traffic using our own adverts.

2.)  Are your clients aware of this duplicate content issue? Reason i am asking is that some of them may not be aware or even bother to ask you and when it happens, they will blame you for not telling them and flaw your internet business blueprint. I think you should look into that or what is your view.

This is very true and very sound advice. In fact this is the major reason why we are giving out this new ebook for free to everyone who bought our old e-book. We also no longer advice people to enter the jobs niche, rather we are now teaching people how to find their own profitable niches.

As at the time of writing the old e-book, duplicate content was not such a big issue and merely changing the order of the paragraphs used to suffice but in this business, things are constantly changing and what worked last year may not work again the next year.

We made this clear in the old e-book and encouraged people to do their own research but some people are just too lazy to try and when something fails, they look for who to blame.

Anyway, we are writing this new e-book that you are getting to avoid such things in the future. We are trying to be as detailed as possible and we are now teaching strategies that are future proof (i.e strategies that will still work no matter what changes occur)

3.) Will be patient for your updates.
Okay thank you for your patience. We know its taking so long but we are gradually getting to the real action.