!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

Dashboard by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 15, 2017]

Got paid on Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 13, 2017]

Good day everyone by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 13, 2017]

Mapping or Linking Goddady Domains to Blogger Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 10, 2017]

clerifications by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 09, 2017]

How to Create Peer to Peer Donation Website / Ponzi Script? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 07, 2017]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Amazon registration in becoming an affiliate 2016 by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Can I Point my Paid domain to a free hosting account? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

How do I get a website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

GLAD TO BE BACK! by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 28, 2017]

Is SFI real? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 27, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 26, 2017]

Thoughts that run the world by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 09, 2017]

Adsense Acceptable Websites by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 08, 2017]

Retrieving Profile Picture Option by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

how do i sort for jobs to place on a job website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

What is a Feed and What is the Importance? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

May I Introduce myself by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 11, 2017]

powered by blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 07, 2017]

How Often Should I Post New Articles? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 04, 2017]

Suggested Structure of an Ideal Sales Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 01, 2017]

site review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 31, 2016]

Blogger video bar configuration by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 16, 2016]

Picture permission from a website before using it. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 11, 2016]

how to create news post without copying or editing content from another site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 08, 2016]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 06, 2016]

Expired domain parking and flipping by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2016]

adding a login page and registration page to a site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 12, 2016]

Author Topic: NG2G is Getting Ready to "Go Public"  (Read 1605 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 78
NG2G is Getting Ready to "Go Public"
« on: Jan 16, 2013 »
Hello Friends,

A small change is coming...

Up till now, this forum NG2G Underground has been a completely private forum. All member profiles, topics, links, discussions and other content were totally hidden from search engines and public view and Only registered members were able to access them and membership was restricted only to those who have bought our ebooks. We have also not been monetizing it in any way.

But as the forum is growing, the cost of running NG2G has been steadily increasing as we grow and we are beginning to see the need to expose some of our content to the public and to search engines. We believe that this strategy will enable us to kill four birds with one stone viz:

• Generate funds for the upkeep of the website and paying of hosting bills and other costs of running the forum. You will notice that we have not been monetizing the website: no ads or commercialization but there are bills that must be paid.
  • Give the links and websites of forum members more exposure, some traffic and "link juice" to help their site's growth (read more about link juice here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )
  • Increase the growth of (and traffic to) NG2G forum
  • Help more people in Nigeria and the world because people will now be able to see many of our very helpful discussions

How will It Affect Your Privacy?
  • After implementing the move, people will still be required to login before they can participate and only people who have bought the MOB will still be able to post and participate but Member profiles and topics will become visible to the public (members and non-members alike) and will appear in google and other search engines. This includes your name, avatar, email addresses, profile picture, location etc
  • The content of All your posts and topic replies will also become visible to the public (both registered and non registered members) and can be also be found in search engines.
  • But Private Messages will remain completely Private and nobody can ever see those (not even admins)

How to Prepare and What to Do Now
  • Review your profile information and change anything that you are not comfortable with sharing with the world. You may change your display name or your profile picture. Once we go public, members will no longer be able to change their display name (but they will still be able to change their picture and other details of their profile). To change your display name, under profile in the top menu, click on Account Settings. You can aslo use the other links under profile to modify other information in your profile.
  • If you have a website, add the link to your profile. You can do this from Profile Settings under Profile in the top menu.

How Soon Are We Going to Implement This Change?
We expect to do this anytime between now and February 28 2013. There's No specific date so you should make any changes that you want to make as early as possible.

Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
Re: NG2G is Getting Ready to "Go Public"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013 »
Dear Boss Tony,

This is a welcome development and we appreciate the efforts of NG2G
management to keep the forum going.  There is no doubt that a lot of money is involved.

To alleviate the burden of administrative expenses, I wish to make a suggestion that a token annual subscription can be introduced for members to be paying.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How to Prepare and What to Do Now
  • Review your profile information and change anything that you are not comfortable with sharing with the world. You may change your display name or your profile picture. Once we go public, members will no longer be able to change their display name. To change your display name, under profile in the top menu, click on Account Settings. You can aslo use the other links under profile to modify other information in your profile.

Regarding the above quoted portion which states that members will no long be able to change their display name, as soon as everything is publicized,  will members be able to change their profile photographs because at times the photograph becomes older and one wishes to change it to a fresh one?

Best regards,

Aare MacFally[/list]
Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013 »
To alleviate the burden of administrative expenses, I wish to make a suggestion that a token annual subscription can be introduced for members to be paying.
This is another good idea which we considered but discovered that there will be some challenges with implementation

Regarding the above quoted portion which states that members will no long be able to change their display name, as soon as everything is publicized,  will members be able to change their profile photographs
Yes you will still be able to change everything else in your profile (including your avatar picture). The only details you will not be able to change by yourself are your username and your display name. But you can still ask an administrator to do it for you although there must be good reason. This is being done to give people a unique lasting identity in the forum and to prevent mischief makers from causing havoc and then disguising by changing their names and pictures.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +83
  • Going on Gods Speed
  • My Rank: 45
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
At last Boss, i was really looking forward to this. And i want to believe the Admin will take time to modify some of the topics and most of the posts to make it rank in search engine. Long Live NG44, Long Live NG2G Underground Members.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
At last Boss, i was really looking forward to this. And i want to believe the Admin will take time to modify some of the topics and most of the posts to make it rank in search engine. Long Live NG44, Long Live NG2G Underground Members.
Thanks a lot for the advice, its something we have been doing on an ongoing basis and will keep doing as we go along. Thanks for the reminder.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 40
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
I think this is a pretty good idea, going public? wow! NG2G now i know is set for business. Tony and co please keep it up. Search engine can't wait to enlist you into the club.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2013 »
I think this is a pretty good idea, going public? wow! NG2G now i know is set for business. Tony and co please keep it up. Search engine can't wait to enlist you into the club.
Many more goodies on the way, all we need are your continued prayers for our well being and your help in thanking God for his mercy and inspiration

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +68
  • My Rank: 47
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2013 »
Nice Idea. Apart from benefits to NG2G forum owners as per the hosting cost, members will also benefit in terms of business connection and exposure and I really appreciate this your idea. Rome is not built in  a day...so they say, but at least someone started building someday. Nairaland is now on 1 million membership. I believe too NG2G.com is too big and unique to be kept private and i assure you that we will go places. More Grace for You! :D
Don't Give Up, Don't Give in, Give It Your All....It is Always Worth the Effort

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +81
  • My Rank: 38
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2013 »
+1
It's a welcomed idea. It will benefit many people out there.
although, i have to be frank that i fear that we may lose the bond that this forum has created between us.

So Mr. Tony, is there a way you can distinguish the registered members from other people? Not that they wont be able to see us, but you know, let us still recognise the old timers.
You can disregard this request if my fears are nothing to worry about.

One Love!
for your daily scoop on Entertainment, News, and much more- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +32
  • My Rank: 56
    • Internet::Gaming::Technology::Tutorials::Tricks::Money::
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2013 »
Yea its about time this forum opens up to the rest of the world  ::)
Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login latest update on Internet:Gaming:Technology:Tricks:Money:

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2013 »
although, i have to be frank that i fear that we may lose the bond that this forum has created between us.

So Mr. Tony, is there a way you can distinguish the registered members from other people? Not that they wont be able to see us, but you know, let us still recognise the old timers.

Your concerns are well founded and We do have some strategies in place to prevent the loss of the bond that you mention but it will require collective action from all of us to preserve the rules, policies and interactions that have made us the way we are.

The fact that we are going public doesn't really mean that just anybody can join. Membership will still not be free and only those who have paid to join and are undergoing the training will be able to participate. This barrier of entry will help us eliminate more than 90% of the types of people that can threaten the bond we have.

Non-registered members (known as guests) will only be able to see the discussions but they will not be able to interact, contribute or play any role in the community. They will also NOT be able to post, reply or contact members.

So to a large extent the original values and vision that have made us a family will still be preserved. But as the forum membership grows and more people come in, we must all be prepared because the dynamics of relationships may change and the true characters of members (old and new) will reveal themselves, including the bad eggs and undesirable elements. But these are challenges we must all face as one family.

In conclusion, with God on our side and with each one of us making the conscious decision and effort to learn and obey the house rules, connect with our vision and imbibe the forum culture of love, goodness, helpfulness, it is our prayer and belief that the influx of more members will increase and strengthen the bond, instead of diminishing it.

It all begins within our minds.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +81
  • My Rank: 38
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2013 »
alright Mr. Tony, now you have my total approval after your explanations. May NG2G soar higher and higher.

One Love!
for your daily scoop on Entertainment, News, and much more- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • Respect: +11
  • United we grow
  • My Rank: 42
    • Unlimited Ideas
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2013 »
ya, it's time to show the world what we've got  8)
Freely have I received and Freely I give

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +42
  • You Won't Shrink if you can think.
  • My Rank: 60
    • http://hotbusinesslink.com
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2013 »
+1
I can't wait to see NG2G showing what they have to the public. It is awesome.
Long life Members
Long life NG2G
Long life NG44
Long life Nigeria.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +72
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2013 »
Yea seriously I think its about that time eventhough sometimes I still ask myself why u guys haven't monetised this site for all this huge valuiable content it has,anyways its obvious you have a methodology a plan which I may not understand till you tell me but I say 28 feb is still a long time.
But we solidly with you guys all the way,let's bless the world with NG2G.COM
Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!