!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

What is a Feed and What is the Importance? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 12, 2017]

May I Introduce myself by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 11, 2017]

how do i sort for jobs to place on a job website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

powered by blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 07, 2017]

How Often Should I Post New Articles? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 04, 2017]

Suggested Structure of an Ideal Sales Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 01, 2017]

site review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 31, 2016]

Blogger video bar configuration by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 16, 2016]

Picture permission from a website before using it. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 11, 2016]

how to create news post without copying or editing content from another site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 08, 2016]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 06, 2016]

Expired domain parking and flipping by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2016]

adding a login page and registration page to a site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 12, 2016]

Questions on website building. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Question on links by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Implication of CBN Governor's statement by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 04, 2016]

Adsense did not accept my request by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

What is Revenuehits by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

Get Paid to Write an E-Book by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 02, 2016]

netcontacts real or scam by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Can I use One website for Adsense, amazon and Information Marketing? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Traffic generation for clickbank offer/product by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 22, 2016]

installing simple machine forum to once site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 13, 2016]

Link not working by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2016]

My weblog wasn't accepted into adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 05, 2016]

Guest Posting by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 28, 2016]

Social Networks Addresses - Drop Your Link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

65 Website Traffic & Link Building Techniques by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

Author Topic: how can i make all my labels in blogger appear on top?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +81
  • My Rank: 38
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
Good morning house
please can anyone tell me how i can make all my labels appear on my blog. i have more than 9 labels: Entertainment, News, Fashion etc but only 4 or 5 of them appear on top of my blog.
please any idea on how can i make them all appear on top to help my visitors know the categories that my blog covers?
Thanks.

for your daily scoop on Entertainment, News, and much more- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: 0
  • "DO IT NOW" The 3 most powerful words for success.
  • My Rank: 11
    • LADI live!
I think what you are referring to as labels are actually called tabs. And I believe creating tabs on your blog depends on which type of program or site you are using. Is it one you built yourself or blogspot? Please clarify these so that you will be able to get the best of advice.
My thoughts towards u are good, not evil; to give you an expected end. Jer 29:11

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
oh my bad, i forgot to add that i use blogger ie blogspot, please pardon me. in blogspot they are called labels as they are not static as pages. but i want all my labels to appear on top of my blog. please see my blog to understand what i am talking about: chummyneloh.blogspot.com
for your daily scoop on Entertainment, News, and much more- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
pls someone should help me out and tell me how i can make all my labels in blogger to show on top. only 5 out of the 8 labels that i have are showing.
please i am in need of any help i can get concering it. thanks.
for an idea of what i want my label to look like, pls see kanyinulia.blogspot.com
thnks.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 40
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Hello chimmummy, sori for the delay in answering ur questions. Please read through carefully and i know it will help.

How to add Labels to your blog:
1  Label your Posts:
For each post, add one or more labels.  You can add labels
Using the post-Sept-2011 / new blogger interface:
*. In the post-editor, in the Labels section at the right side of the post-editor or
*. From the Posts tab, tick the posts you want to put the labels on, and then use the drop down arrow from the top icon that looks like a small luggage-tag:   choose the label or"New label ...").
2 Add the labels gadget: Add the Labels gadget to your blog - the same way you would add any other gadget .   You can add it as many times as you need, choosing which labels to show each time.
Warning:  If you choose to show only a certain selection of Labels in a gadget, then this is all that it will show even if you add new labels to your posts later on.  However if you don't restrict which labels are shown,then new ones are automatically shown in the gadget if they are associated with published posts.
Drag-and-drop the labels gadget to wherever you want it:  some people put it just underneath their header, to make readers think they've looking at a more traditional web-page.
3 Add Labels navigation Another way for your readers access labels is from the display in the post header or footer of the list of labels assigned to each post.
This is turned on by default in most templates:  you can change the setting and move it around using post-templete settings found under:
Using the pre-Sept-2011 / old blogger interface: Design > Page Elements > Blog Posts (edit) .
Using the post-Sept-2011 / new blogger interface: Layout  > Blog Posts (edit)
What your visitors see:
A List of Posts: If a visitor to your blog clicks on an item in the labels gadget or in the labels-list that is show for apost, then the " labels-view screen " is used to show them the posts that have the selected label .
This screen is like the main screen: is only shows a certain number of postsand visitors need to use the newer-posts and older-posts links to move back through the list.
Like the main screen, if you have used jump-breaks in your posts , thenthe list only shows the first part of each post.  If you haven't used jump-breaks, then the whole posts are shown.

A summary message: Unlike the main screen, in most templates there is a message at the top of the page saying:
" Showing newest posts with label WHAT-EVER-YOU-CHOSE . Show older posts "
Or if there are no published posts with the selected Label, the messageis slightly different.  Some people change their template to customise or remove this message:  Chuck in The Real Blogger Status has written an excellent description of how to dothis .

What Labels aren't - but appear to be: Many people think that Labels are a way of actually putting Posts into pages.  However the Posts aren't actually moved around.  The labels-screen is just a way of viewing a smaller-than-usual group of Posts, and can make it look like you have put your posts into sub-pages

Please, should in case you encounter any further problems, don't hesitate to let the house know.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
yomi thank you for coming to my rescue. but please i still use the old blogger interface as i am not yet used to the new one. please can i use it in the old blogger interface as you described. also, i can only edit the label in the page element under design and i only see something like show all labels which i ticked. could part of my problem be that i used capital letter in naming my labels? thank you very much as i await your response.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Chimummy a pleasant morning to you. You can apply thesame to the old blogger interface. But the labels are case sensitive.some templates allow you to drag your labels  gadget in the place of your menu bar but some are not .this trick will be more  important for you if you are using templates which will not allow you to drag and drop labels gadget in the place of templates menu bar.
Let me explain the process : -

step  ;

1. first go to your " DASHBOARD >> DESIGN >> EDIT HTML

2. back up template by pressing on the link " DOWNLOAD FULL TEMPLATE "

3 . Now make a trick to " EXPAND WIDGET  TEMPLATE "

4 .Press. CTRL  F on your key board and search for the following code
</b:loop>

5 . Now copy the code shown below and past it just after the code you search in step 4
  <b:if cond='data:blog.pageTitle ==&quot;Fors: Book&quot;'>
<li class='selected'><a href='http:// domain.blogspot.com /search/label/ Label Name ' title='Add Title 1'>Add Title 1</a>/li>
  <b:else/>
<li><a href='http:// domain.blogspot.com /search/label/ Label Name ' title='Add Title 1'>Add Title 1</a></li>Add Title 1</b:if>

6. Now replace the " Domain.blogspot.com" with your own domain name

7. Replace the " lablel name " with the name of your lablel name .

8 . if you want to add more labels repeat the same procedure (repeat the code in the step 5 again and again )

9 . Now save your template and view your blog and enjoy.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
Yomi dear, good morning to you. thank you for your help, i knw it will work. i will try it out immediately. God bless you forever. i have appreciated you in the house fashion. ;D

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
Yomi i did exactly as you said but i got this-

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure that all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The element type "li" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "".

i thought it was because i added extra labels as you advised us to, and had to delete it and left it the way you did it, but i still got the same message.
please what do you suggest? thanks

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
hello chi... may be you made a mistake somewhere but if you are still getting thesame "XML error message" dont't too worry, remove the code and we will look for a better way of doing it.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
thank you yomi, please see this blog and tell me if my label can appear like that: kanyinulia.blogspot.com
i want a situation where i can have 12 labels showing on top of my blog which will include about me, contact us, privacy policy alongside my main labels. if i can achieve this, i will really slow down in my worry.
thanks as i expect to hear from you.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 77
Hello chimummy,

Are you sure all the 12 labels actually have posts under them? If you created a post and label and later deleted the post such that there is no more post under that label then it will not show up on the label widget.

To make the about me, contact and privacy appear alongside the labels would not be easy to do because they are not labels but pages. A roundabout way to do this is to create labels called about us, contact us and privacy and then put the actual pages under the respective labels. Does that make any sense to you?
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
yeah it does make sense to me sir, thanks for everything.

• Level 1 (Infant)
    • LADI live!
I'm learning.... Chimummy, pls lets have ur feedback early so I can follow suit. The template I applied to my own blogger blog limits my presentation too, and i need to tinker with it for a proper presentation.
My thoughts towards u are good, not evil; to give you an expected end. Jer 29:11

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
@ Chimummy please lets hav your feeed back if it work so that others who might likely experience thesame will learn 4rm this thread.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
okay, if you go to my Blog at chummyneloh.blogspot.com you will notice that all of them now appear on top. it was a friend that told me that i should use the new blogger interface and it solved my problem for me.
if you are blogging with blogspot, what you need to do is change to newer interface (you can go back to ur old blogger face later on) go to add new pages, then choose the one that asks to open in a new window or link when you click on it and not the one that says blank page with text.
then if is entertainment, sport or what have you that you want to use as your heading for some particular posts, you then add it and save.
now in your design, add new gadget and choose pages if you didn't have it before.
then place it directly under your blog name ie it should be on top of your posts and click save. that should do it.
hope this is useful guys :D

• Level 1 (Infant)
    • LADI live!
Chimummy, you deserve the new rank that I just gave you to salute your effort. I will come back to you if I run into problem.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
thank you Ladi dear, i promise to give back to this forum that has given so much to me for peanut :). i feel like i am a part of this lovely house even when i am offline.
you guys are great people and i am humbled having known you all.
you knw, even if I dont get my Adsense approved, i will still be forever greatful to Mr. Tony and Aweriosele for saving some of us.

just want to say... I LOVE YOU ALL MY BIG FAMILY!!! :-*

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Woow! Thank God it is now appearing. Thanks for this info and i am sure others are going to learn from it who might likely experience thesame challenges.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
i am indeed glad to be of help dear. i will gladly answer further questions concerning it.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 77
Chimummy thanks a whole lot for your contributions. We're happy to have someone like you as one of us in the family.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
you know i cannot appreciate you enough Mr Tony, i am honoured to be a part of this house and it is all thanks to you and Mr A.
please in the other question thread, i talked about my frustrations with adsense, could you please read and advice me on what to do. thanks as always, wish i have the power to rank you as much as i want :D, but i will settle with the one the house has allowed me to do.
One love!