!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

I need help on my seo title and description by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

Paypal and Gtb problem by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

http versus https by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2017]

Identity Verification On amzon Associates account by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 06, 2017]

site to test my domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 01, 2017]

how soon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 24, 2017]

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 19, 2017]

How to Withdraw from Paypal in Nigeria Using Payoneer Card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 12, 2017]

linking a post to an external link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 10, 2017]

Building with WordPress by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 09, 2017]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 08, 2017]

Create a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 07, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 04, 2017]

Facebook advert by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Hello sir by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 27, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Author Topic: Links in my email refuse to open  (Read 722 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +71
  • My Soul Praise the Lord
  • My Rank: 112
Links in my email refuse to open
« on: Jul 27, 2012 »
Hi, please just help me understand most times i receive certain emails in my scam box with a link but when i click on the link it lands on an empty page. Please is it a kind of the senders mistake or does it mean anything or what. I just want to understand certain things better. Thank you very much.

Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
Re: link in email
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
To my own understanding Lucy, I think it could be from your ISP; may be the speed is not adequate or maybe they’re blocking certain links. What kind of email application do you use and what is your ISP?
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Level 3 (Regular)
Re: link in email
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
sorry please i don't know and wish to know what ISP is. I use yahoomail and my broser is firefox with glo modem for internet access.
Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Webmaster
Re: Links in my email refuse to open
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
ISP means Internet Service Provider. That's the company that is giving you access to the Internet.

If you’re using GLO and Firefox, I don't see the reason why you could not open links. I think if your PC is in a good working condition another thing that can cause that is a broken link.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +42
  • You Won't Shrink if you can think.
  • My Rank: 60
    • http://hotbusinesslink.com
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi, please just help me understand most times i receive certain emails in my scam box with a link but when i click on the link it lands on an empty page. Please is it a kind of the senders mistake or does it mean anything or what. I just want to understand certain things better. Thank you very much.
Lucy u can logout of ur yahoo box & and re-login & click on the subject of the mail again. Let see

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
Lucy guess you mean emails in your spam box? (not scam box, am I right? As in junk mail)

You should be very careful of the links that you click in messages especially if they are in your spam folder. Many of those links are viruses and unless you give us some examples it may be difficult to know why they are not opening. It could be that they are being blocked by your ISP or browser (because they are bad links) or maybe they are designed to take you to a blank page that installs a virus on your system (hope not).

Anyhow I hope they are not really bad links sha (By the way, do you have a good antivirus on your system? If not then you should install one.)

For us to better figure out what might be the issue, please copy and paste in your reply at least two of the messages including the links that refuse to open (if they are not confidential or personal messages). Also if there is a message in your inbox (not spam) that gives the same issue, post it here too (and indicate that its from your inbox)

Also, do you experience this same issue with the links in our own messages to you?
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 3 (Regular)
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2012 »
Thanks to you guys. yes spam box i have AVG antivirus. I'm sorry i use to delete it immediately. i will copy and paste it here like you said when i receive such again. It's not that they don't open, they  normally open to a blank page and there's no link to unsubscribe. I even sometimes reply them to stop sending yet they keep sending. How can i stop it? Thanks.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Webmaster
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2012 »
Lucy, my candid advice to you is to always delete any message you don't know the source, that is, mails sent to you without your consent. Just as Tony rightly said, your ISP or Internet browser might be trying to secure your system from attacks from those malicious scripts because most of them tend to activate themselves once you ignorantly open them.

Another thing I discovered about spam mails is that sometimes the program they normally use will try and manufacture certain email addresses and once you click on it they will know that the email really belonged to someone and they will continue to bombard you with those unsolicited mails from time to time.

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2012 »
Lucy don't worry about posting them here, I think I have an idea of what the messages might be. In fact don't even open any such message in the future. As long as they go to your spam don't bother about them because they will always keep coming nonstop. The spam gets automatically deleted every month or so by yahoo so no need to even delete them manually. Most times I don't even look at my spam unless I'm expecting an email that has not yet come. Generally I just ignore my spam and thats what I suggest that you do.

As winnet observed in another thread, when you reply to some of these messages, it might trigger a kind of program that steals all your sensitive data and sends it back to the senders so you really need to ignore those messages. Don't open it if you don't know the sender.

If you are expecting or receiving important messages from a particular email and it always ends up in your spam, you can add that email address to your email contact list so that the message will not be delivered to your spam. That way you can be sure that your most important messages always go to your inbox hence no need for you to bother looking into your spam.

And for antivirus, I suggest that you use Avast antivirus (also free). Uninstall the AVG that you have, install Avast free, let it update and then scan your computer. Avast is better than AVG. You can get the free Avast here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   There are three versions, download the first one, thats the free one.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 3 (Regular)
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2012 »
Okay, thank you so much. wow, it's really a pleasure being in your mist. I've really gained a lot being here, you guys are wonderful and great.

• Administrator
  • Respect: +12017
  • 34th Chamber
  • My Rank: 11
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2012 »
Okay, thank you so much. wow, it's really a pleasure being in your mist. I've really gained a lot being here, you guys are wonderful and great.
We thank God for everything. It is our hope that very soon you too will be knowledgeable enough to help other newbie members with their questions. We are thrilled to have you here!
Success is a state of the mind