!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

facebook ads by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 01:14 PM]

Effective Paid Traffic Channel by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 01:46 AM]

Website Traffic Season 12 - Amazing all-in-one tool for Google, Youtube, Amazon. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Show/Hide Widgets in Blogspot Mobile Template by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

How to Get Original Image For My Local News Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

how to create ebook covers by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Cheapest domain site and purchase with master card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 05, 2017]

Amazon Identity Verification by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 28, 2017]

Any monthly charges from Paypal? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

Using RSS Gadget by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

Old WordPress inbuilt themes by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

how can i put html text and html tag into the notepad by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 18, 2017]

change from .blogspot.com to .com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 17, 2017]

HTML code for Menu Buttons by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 17, 2017]

Buying Facebook group for traffic by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 16, 2017]

MBE 104_7_Building a Forum. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 16, 2017]

Web Design Review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 14, 2017]

Blogspot Label or page? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

Adding HTML Code to Blogspot by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

My traffic sources by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

Google Keyword Tool Asking for card details by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 04, 2017]

Alternative way to buy a domain and host by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 28, 2017]

The number of times to post new content in a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 27, 2017]

Problem on Adding widget to feedburner by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 27, 2017]

wer to get good website content by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 24, 2017]

Relevance of my blog name to making money by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 24, 2017]

INSECURE PASSWORD WARNING by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 23, 2017]

free HTML editor by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 16, 2017]

Creating and checking links on a website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 16, 2017]

Unable To Use The Links by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 11, 2017]

Author Topic: Must my niche correspond with my web address / URL / Domain name?  (Read 507 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +71
  • My Soul Praise the Lord
  • My Rank: 113
Hello everyone and happy weekend. Please everything is so new 2 me or, I'm new 2 everything (or both). I wz asked 2 create my own company site in lesson 9 with any name i wish then afta asked again to use the site dat wz created for an information marketing of an e-book. my book title n site having diff. names wont it slow down my sites search /rank? :-\ I ask bcos i've read many advices that the website name rhyming wth d niche improves site search. :-\

Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
Re: must my niche correspond with my web address?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2012 »
Please, could you please explain exactly what you want and stop using so many wz, 2, dat etc.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 85
@winnet: What Lucy is asking for is if it is a must that her domain name should contain her main keywords e.g for a music learning website if it is necessary to have something like "learn music" as part of the domain e.g learnmusicnow.com  or if she can just go with an abstract name like greatlucy.com

But Lucy before I answer your question, I will like to remind you that just as winnet said, try not to use shortened words like wz, dat, 2 and so on. Its against the forum rules. Please use the full and correct form of the words so as to keep within the rules and to avoid any ambiguity about what you mean. Please go through the forum guide again to familiarise yourself with the forum rules and policies.

Coming to your question, The answer is subject of much discussion and controversy and I have expanded more on it in another thread (here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

But the short answer is:

It depends on the major means with which you intend to promote the website. For example, if your strategy relies mainly on search engine optimization to promote your ebook then it means that everything you do must be SEO optimized to attract good search engine rankings and traffic. In such a case, it is a good idea to have your main keywords (or one or two of the component words) as part of the domain.

In the case of your ebook, if your strategy is to promote it through paid advertising then not having the keyword in the domain will not slow down your traffic much.

But if you plan to promote it via search (using methods similar to our Amazon affiliate techniques which is to build a dedicated site on the ebook's subject matter and write several helpful and well optimized articles then your site ought to have at least one or two words from your primary keyword contained in the domain name.)

Generally, having your keyword in the domain is best for Amazon affiliate websites because according to our strategies, those ones are nearly 100% dependent on search engines for traffic.

But for AdSense websites, if you plan to use paid methods to heavily promote your site then its not a must that you must have your main keywords in the domain. But according to our old ebook when we were teaching job websites, the strategy was heavily dependent on search traffic thats why we recommended that you make sure that bigerianjobs was in the title.

For information marketing or an ebook website, your mission is to get as much traffic to click through to your landing page and this is mostly via non-search methods therefore having your main keyword as part of the domain is not a big necessity.

So in a nutshell, here's the rule of thumb:

Amazon websites: primary keyword must be in the domain for faster results

AdSense websites: Keyword may or may not be part of the website, depending on how you wish to promote it. But it is usually good to have the main word in your keyphrase as part of the domain name, e.g for a music related Adsense website, having the word music in the domain may be beneficial in the long run and also gives people an idea of the subject matter of the website

Information marketing website: Not necessary (take an example form our website through which we are selling our ebooks. The website name is ng44.com and it has nothing in the name that relates to online business or making money.

Finally, most important to note...
Whether the keyword is in the domain or not, it is of extreme importance to ensure that all posts and articles must be properly optimized for both on and off-page SEO (Read the SEO section for more on these)

For a more in-depth treatment of this argument, I strongly suggest that you also see this thread here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +71
  • My Soul Praise the Lord
  • My Rank: 113
Sorry for the improper use of short cut words and thanks for the correction. Thank you for answering my question.
Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • Respect: +2
  • My Rank: 11
@ Boss Tony. Thnaks for that detailed answer, you are the best.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
@Tony: Thanks for that structured wealth of your knowledge.  I’m happy to increase your rank.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].