!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

I need help on my seo title and description by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

Paypal and Gtb problem by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

http versus https by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2017]

Identity Verification On amzon Associates account by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 06, 2017]

site to test my domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 01, 2017]

how soon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 24, 2017]

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 19, 2017]

How to Withdraw from Paypal in Nigeria Using Payoneer Card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 12, 2017]

linking a post to an external link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 10, 2017]

Building with WordPress by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 09, 2017]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 08, 2017]

Create a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 07, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 04, 2017]

Facebook advert by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Hello sir by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 27, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Author Topic: Please Criticize this site  (Read 812 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 41
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Please Criticize this site
« on: Jun 07, 2012 »
Hello boss and the unique house please i want you to critically access this site and tell me what is wrong with it before i make it public and also think of monetizing it... this is one of my built site. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +42
  • You Won't Shrink if you can think.
  • My Rank: 60
    • http://hotbusinesslink.com
Re: Please Criticize this site
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2012 »
O boy, from my own point of view you have rely tried. But what about email subscription and search boxs?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2012 »
i will include all of those thing as soon as i include it with google webmaster
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: +2
  • to live is christ to die is gain
  • My Rank: 3
    • Wownaija
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2012 »
nice one for a start...did you build the site completely your sef?
to live is christ to die is gain

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2012 »
Yap. I did

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
@henry,that's wat the knowledge you get from this family can help you do and even more, @ yomiprof, this is a good job,infact its inspiring, very close to my on going site even though not in the same niche,but how do you intend to do the SEO for it to rank high,cos that's the koko ooh,and from what I've seen it's going to demand a great deal of work man, but keep up the good work am really impressed.
Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • 3rd Chamber
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
And inspired

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
Prince whr on earth have u ben. Do u also want me to travel? Thanks 4 dat. But concerning the seo, wel with time it wil rank high.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • 3rd Chamber
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
Lol, bro I dey ooh just my masters waka, but once in a while when chanced I will be here, you know this is my family.

Yeah bro, was just showing a friend your site today and he was blown away hahaha, am telling you, it was a the motivation he needed, thanks bro.

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +32
  • My Rank: 56
    • Internet::Gaming::Technology::Tutorials::Tricks::Money::
« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
Hello boss and the unique house please i want you to critically access this site and tell me what is wrong with it before i make it public and also think of monetizing it... this is one of my built site. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To start with you did a very great job! I like the concept its easy to navigate through unlike other sites you break your head to find what you want to read plus crazy animation flash etc.

Now for my critics

The first thing I noticed was the picture pixel of the slide show on the first page is blur, am sure you can adjust the pixel sizes to make the pictures look clearer and attractive.

secondly your about us and contact us has a Leave and reply comment section which is very wrong, remove it!

Thirdly the links at the bottom should be on top like an horizontal menu am talking about Gist campus,gossip,entertainment etc.

When visitors come to your site I believe those are the pages they will want to view on your website, like when i visited your site I read all the info on the first page and on the left hand side.

I was like is that all??? Until i scrolled down to see your other links below, most visitors will not bother or think of scrolling down. I strongly suggest you put them on top where the home,contact etc links are.

Then lastly your website name Iconupdate nice name I think you should have a logo there also for it, I myself my forum needs a logo to.

Has for monetizing it I believe you are ripe enough for google adsense  ;D

But every other thing is kool I like the site, infact I have booked marked it.

Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login latest update on Internet:Gaming:Technology:Tricks:Money:

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • 3rd Chamber
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
Great observation quite revealing,I also have learnt cos mine is almost taking the same design with the link being under, thanks adeseye

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +32
  • My Rank: 56
    • Internet::Gaming::Technology::Tutorials::Tricks::Money::
« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
You welcome, but I would like you guys to view and also criticize my forum here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login latest update on Internet:Gaming:Technology:Tricks:Money:

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
Great observation. Sincerely apprec8t dat and am goin to fix all of dat.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2012 »
I must confess you guyz just opened my eyes to what i didnt nt see at d initials bt am much happier nw. Am going to fix all doz errors . Thanks again

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +42
  • You Won't Shrink if you can think.
  • My Rank: 60
    • http://hotbusinesslink.com
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2012 »
@ Yomi, pls try 2 do that, i also observed it, but network did not allow me to comment.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2012 »
Ok my bro am stil working on it.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 2012 »
Hi guys!

Seeing progress like this always make me feel good. Yomi you have really tried. Keep trying harder and getting better.

Prince Nuel and Adeseye have made valid points I will like to add one or two things to.

secondly your about us and contact us has a Leave and reply comment section which is very wrong, remove it!
I would say having comments in the about us and contact us section is a matter of choice. Some visitors find it easier to leave comments when they want to contact you and you should always aim to make it easy for people and prospective clients to contact you. The most important rule about comments is that you must always endeavour to respond to comments left on your site, whether in the contact us page , about us page or any other page. Always respond in a gentle, respectful and friendly manner no matter how silly or annoying the comment may be. And if its not to your liking, delete it. So to extend Adeseye's advise, I would say allow comments on those pages only if you are sure that you will respond in a timely manner, if not don't allow comments on those pages. On the other hand, if you just dont want to be bothered by irrelevant comments on those pages, you should go the Adeseye way and take out the commenting.

Thirdly the links at the bottom should be on top like an horizontal menu am talking about Gist campus,gossip,entertainment etc.

When visitors come to your site I believe those are the pages they will want to view on your website, like when i visited your site I read all the info on the first page and on the left hand side.

I was like is that all??? Until i scrolled down to see your other links below, most visitors will not bother or think of scrolling down. I strongly suggest you put them on top where the home,contact etc links are.
I totally agree with Adeseye here. You must always aim to make visible as much content as possible on your website via the menu and sidebar widgets. But dont overdo it or put too much thereby making the sidebars too long. See what another student of ours is doing at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . You will notice that a lot of his content is visible especially in the sidebars and below the posts.

Now to my own observations:

1. Some of your pictures might be against Google terms. I didn't see many of them but the one of the pastor who ran mad. Thats nudity. Try not to use those types of pictures of nearly naked or naked males and females. (By the way where the hell did you get that mad pastor picture? ;D ;D  ;D Is that the real picture? na wa o)

2. Be careful of your headlines. For example the headline of the Sammy Okposo story seems to suggest that the guy actually specifically said that he supports fornication, when instead what you are really doing is speculating upon the possible implication of his words.

So Instead of saying in definite terms "Sammy Okposo Support Fornication" it would have been better if you had put it up as a question like "Does Sammy Okposo Support Fornication?" and then you write it in such a way that leads the reader to draw his own conclusions. You need to be careful with your stories especially when it involves rumours that you have not personally verified about high profile people so that you don't run into legal trouble. Whenever you post something that is not definite and proven, always use speculative language and always try to quote a source so that if any yawa gas you can always point to the source of your information.

3. Your font size for your posts is too small. You need to make it a bit bigger (maybe as big as the sidebar fonts) so that it is easier to read. If your theme does not have an option to change the font then you may have to dig into the css files to do this. Let me know if you need help with that.

4. You need to try and make your posts longer. Always aim for between 250 to 750 words. Will help you with your AdSense and SEO.

5. Your post titles (I mean the actual HTML title) why are they single words? For example, the mad pastor post shows just "Madness" as the page's HTML title. Do you enter that manually via All in One SEO pack? If yes then you shouldnt. Ideally your title should be exactly what the headline is. For example the title of the mad pastor page should be Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man – Nigerian Tribune  and not just Madness

6. And finally, how far with your AdSense application? You know you may not be able to get approval while AdDynamo is on the site
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2012 »
boss tanks 4 all doz observations. Adsense da 4orm don jazzi true doc sto i want 2 pas true hubpages or xomba 2 get it approved. Am just discourage. I wil take tym 2 remov addynamore 4rm d site

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2012 »
Dont worry, the Adsense approval will come. Dont use any of those AdSense partner websites, we later found out that they always ban the accounts few days or weeks after approval, dont know why. Just try applying directly. When next you apply, if it is denied lets see the email that was sent to you.

The guy that has the site I mentioned (naijaparrot.com) applied repeatedly for close to six months while continually updating. They finally approved it for him some weeks ago. Don't be discouraged. Just remove the addynamo and apply again and let me know what they say
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.