!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

What is a Feed and What is the Importance? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 12, 2017]

May I Introduce myself by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 11, 2017]

how do i sort for jobs to place on a job website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

powered by blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 07, 2017]

How Often Should I Post New Articles? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 04, 2017]

Suggested Structure of an Ideal Sales Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 01, 2017]

site review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 31, 2016]

Blogger video bar configuration by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 16, 2016]

Picture permission from a website before using it. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 11, 2016]

how to create news post without copying or editing content from another site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 08, 2016]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 06, 2016]

Expired domain parking and flipping by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2016]

adding a login page and registration page to a site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 12, 2016]

Questions on website building. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Question on links by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Implication of CBN Governor's statement by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 04, 2016]

Adsense did not accept my request by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

What is Revenuehits by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

Get Paid to Write an E-Book by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 02, 2016]

netcontacts real or scam by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Can I use One website for Adsense, amazon and Information Marketing? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Traffic generation for clickbank offer/product by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 22, 2016]

installing simple machine forum to once site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 13, 2016]

Link not working by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2016]

My weblog wasn't accepted into adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 05, 2016]

Guest Posting by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 28, 2016]

Social Networks Addresses - Drop Your Link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

65 Website Traffic & Link Building Techniques by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

Author Topic: Accepting Online Payments in Nigeria from other Countries  (Read 668 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 2
Dear Tony/Aweriale,

Pls how do I receive money  from Neighbouring Countries (East & West Africa). I have a product I plan to sell across  these countries but blank with payment system to use.

This product sales around $19-20. Paypal and bank wire may not be a good option considering the folks targeted and the small amount. I am thinking of anything to do with depositing the money in banks to receive it in Nigeria.

Please help out. How do you manage this with your product, I mean when payment cuts across Nigeria.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 77
Actually this is quite a challenge for us now because most of the ones we have tried have flopped. That is the main reason why we are not selling our stuff outside Nigeria at this time.

But I have heard of 2checkout and some people say it works for Nigeria. 2checkout can be used to accept credit card payments. You can do some research on Google, search for using 2checkout in Nigeria and see what you can find.

Also, e-currencies like Liberty reserve, Alertpay, Moneybookers etc can be used though you cannot accept credit cards with those.

To accept Paypal I think you have to obtain a Paypal merchant account (which cannot be done safely from Nigeria). There is a Nigerian company fastecash.com that claims to help you accept Paypal and credit card payments but the last time we tried their service we were less than impressed with their interswitch processing system. You can visit their website and call them to find out exactly what they can offer in terms of payment processing. Their website is fastecash.com or info-mart.com

Also if you can get an account with a bank that has branches in many African countries you might be able to accept bank deposits.

Sincerely we don't have enough experience in this area to give you more definite answers so you will need to do some research by yourself and please let us know if you are able to find one that works well.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 1 (Infant)
I'm happy you replied me Tony considering your busy schedule. Well, this has been my greatest challenge in online business with respect to Nigeria and Africa.
Nevertheless, I am making research cum enquiry with our local banks here. So far, GTbank failed my test in this regard but Firstbank claimed it has the facility (I mean depositing the cash in bank for receiver to withdraw in their local currency) but I'v done a mail or two to firstbank but it hardly replies to mails.

All the same, I challenge fellow forum members who have been in blogosphere to assist in this regard. If possible we can make suggestion/plea to GTbank to intervene in this case.
Regards
Emenyke

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
@Emeneyke Indeed, this is one of the biggest challenges online guys are having here in Nigeria.

But nevertheless as Tony rightly said, 2CO works here in Nigeria I am sure of that the only problem I had with them is that the policy of the product owner I was trying to integrate with their merchant processor did not match with theirs.

We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Level 1 (Infant)
@ Winnet thanks for your recommendation I will try it out.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
Your welcome. See you at the top.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +68
  • My Rank: 47
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Actually this is quite a challenge for us now because most of the ones we have tried have flopped. That is the main reason why we are not selling our stuff outside Nigeria at this time.

But I have heard of 2checkout and some people say it works for Nigeria. 2checkout can be used to accept credit card payments. You can do some research on Google, search for using 2checkout in Nigeria and see what you can find.

Also, e-currencies like Liberty reserve, Alertpay, Moneybookers etc can be used though you cannot accept credit cards with those.

To accept Paypal I think you have to obtain a Paypal merchant account (which cannot be done safely from Nigeria). There is a Nigerian company fastecash.com that claims to help you accept Paypal and credit card payments but the last time we tried their service we were less than impressed with their interswitch processing system. You can visit their website and call them to find out exactly what they can offer in terms of payment processing. Their website is fastecash.com or info-mart.com

Also if you can get an account with a bank that has branches in many African countries you might be able to accept bank deposits.

Sincerely we don't have enough experience in this area to give you more definite answers so you will need to do some research by yourself and please let us know if you are able to find one that works well.
Websites i know that can help
1. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - claim to accept paypal and can help make escrow payments or so
2. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - owned by a Nigerian Henry Omenogor. You can add him as your friend on facebook
3. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - paypal or credit card as a payment alternative for merchants
4.  google checkout
Hope these helps!
Don't Give Up, Don't Give in, Give It Your All....It is Always Worth the Effort

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • It may be difficult, but not Impossible! BELIEVE!!
  • My Rank: 15
Dear Winnet,

I read your response above to Emenyke's enquiry. What is your experience so far with 2CO? Good? reliable? You mentioned an issue you had with using their services? was it resolved?

@Emmenyke, pls update us with your experience too. Did u go ahead with their services?

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • It may be difficult, but not Impossible! BELIEVE!!
  • My Rank: 15
Hi Problogger!

Thanks for these sites you posted. Are you using anyone of them? If so, which? And what is your experience like?

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +68
  • My Rank: 47
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Problogger!

Thanks for these sites you posted. Are you using anyone of them? If so, which? And what is your experience like?
i have an account with naira.com. You have to verify yourself with the usual photo and proof of address upload before you can fund your account. These I have not done yet.
Vpaybuy is a service rendered by Henry Omeonogor, a Nigerian Expert on internet payment solution and he is very good at what he does. he charges annually for this service (details on his website vpaybuy.com). You can hook up with him on facebook.
I have not used plimus yet.
Don't Give Up, Don't Give in, Give It Your All....It is Always Worth the Effort