!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

What is a Feed and What is the Importance? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 12, 2017]

May I Introduce myself by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 11, 2017]

how do i sort for jobs to place on a job website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 09, 2017]

powered by blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 07, 2017]

How Often Should I Post New Articles? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 04, 2017]

Suggested Structure of an Ideal Sales Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 01, 2017]

site review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 31, 2016]

Blogger video bar configuration by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 16, 2016]

Picture permission from a website before using it. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 11, 2016]

how to create news post without copying or editing content from another site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 08, 2016]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 06, 2016]

Expired domain parking and flipping by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2016]

adding a login page and registration page to a site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 12, 2016]

Questions on website building. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Question on links by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 08, 2016]

Implication of CBN Governor's statement by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 04, 2016]

Adsense did not accept my request by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

What is Revenuehits by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 04, 2016]

Get Paid to Write an E-Book by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 02, 2016]

netcontacts real or scam by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Can I use One website for Adsense, amazon and Information Marketing? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 29, 2016]

Traffic generation for clickbank offer/product by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 22, 2016]

installing simple machine forum to once site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 13, 2016]

Link not working by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2016]

My weblog wasn't accepted into adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 05, 2016]

Guest Posting by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 28, 2016]

Social Networks Addresses - Drop Your Link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

65 Website Traffic & Link Building Techniques by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 22, 2016]

Author Topic: Email Marketing and Autoresponders  (Read 1675 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 2
Email Marketing and Autoresponders
« on: May 22, 2012 »
Hello Gr8 house,

What's is email marketing? Does it mean jst collecting emails from subscribers like we place form on websites. I want to use Aweber for my pop up subscription form but need to understand what email marketing is all about as it's the keyword used in advertizing Aweber.

How does  newsletter differ from post we send to subscribers. If i dont have a newsletter to send, can't i still use Aweber subscription form?

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 77
Re: Email Marketing and Autoresponders
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2012 »
+2
Email marketing is a general term that is used to describe all activities that involve the use of email messages to promote or market your website or product/service.

These activities can be classified to include:

1. Website email updates
2. Autoresponders
3. Periodic Newsletters and Email blasts

1. Website Email Updates:

This is where you put a subscribe form on your website through which people can submit their email and after verification begin to receive an email everytime you post something new on your website.

The most popular method of handling email updates is through the use of the free Feedburner service from Google where the feed for your website is tied to an email subscription service such that whenever you post a new update, it gets sent out to all your subscribers.

This is best used to grow a regular audience for your website and is especially essential for AdSense websites because the email messages can be monetized by enabling AdSense for feeds on it.

For an AdSense website, your most important goal (aside from posting regular quality posts) should be to grow your subscribers.  In fact if you can grow your feed subscribers up to 15,000 to 20,000, you could be getting anything from $10 to $40 dollars a day from AdSense depending on how much you post and the niche.

Feedburner is the best tool for website update/feed subscription because it is free and can handle hundreds of thousands of subscribers at no cost to you.

2. Autoresponders

Autoresponders are another type of email marketing tool. They also involve using a form to collect a list of subscribers email addresses but this time not necessarily for sending them your website updates.

Autoresponders are used mainly in information marketing and are used to deliver a series of pre-written messages at specific intervals. These messages ideally include a mix of helpful articles and other promotional content whose aim is to gently market your product or service to the people who have subscribed.

An example of an autoresponder is our free 7 day email course advertised on our website. Everybody that signs up for the free course receives a set of 7 "lectures" spaced at 24 hours. After that, they begin to receive other messages that include reminders about our ebook package. All of these messages have all been stored in the autoresponder before hand.

One wonderful thing about autoresponders is the ability to automatically personalize the messages that are being sent out with the name that the person used to register. For example, those that registered for our 7 day free course will notice that each of the emails address them using the name that they used to register. This was all done automatically but it gives the impression to the reader that they are getting very personal attention from Aweriale. 

When someone registers for your autoresponder, an email is sent to them asking them to verify their registration by clicking a verification link. You have the option to specify a page a user will be taken to after they have clicked on the verification link. You can also create an email welcome message that is sent to them immediately. If you are offering a free ebook as incentive for them to register, you can send the link to the ebook in this welcome message or on the web page that they are directed to upon verification.

Although there are some free autoresponder services, all the free ones we have tried are quite unreliable therefore the most reliable ones are the paid services. Some of the more popular paid services are:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Each of them have their own weak and strong points but while the first three sites will charge you a monthly fee which increases as the number of subscribers you have increase, the fourth, trafficwave.net will only charge you a fixed monthly rate no matter how large your list grows.

If you are on VPS hosting with unlimited emails, you can also host your own autoresponder script without having to pay a monthly fee to a third party commercial service. But if you are on shared hosting, most hosts will limit the number of subscribers that you are allowed to have so hosting your own script won't be a good idea.

To learn more about how these autoresponders work, you can visit any of the four websites above and go through their help sections. You can also check this page for an audio podcast that you can listen to (the player is just below the headline of the page: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[side note: James Martell is one of the info marketing gurus and has a goldmine of information on his website, it would do you well to go through his posts and listen to his podcasts (especially the earlier podcasts)]

Additionally, you can do some research on Google to see what you can come up with.

3. Newsletters and Email blasts

A newsletter is an email that is sent out to subscribers on a periodic basis e.g once a week or every two weeks or once a month or once a quarter etc. On the other hand, an email blast is an email that is sent out once or repeatedly to all your subscribers giving them a particular bit of information or announcement.

The purpose of newsletters is to provide regular information to subscribers and possibly reminders about your products or service, updates, new developments etc. On the other hand, an email blast may be used to disseminate specific pieces of information or announcements of special offers, promotions, or the launch of a new product/service. Autoresponders are usually also used for newsletters and email blasts, thereby giving you the ability to mail all your subscribers whenever you have something to tell them.

The Importance of Email Marketing

Building an email list, whether for your website updates or for info marketing is a key strategy in online business. There's even a popular saying to that effect that says that "the money is in the list" meaning that if you can build a large enough email list, you will have the capacity to continuously make a lot of money fast.

The reason is that once you have someone's email address, you can send them your marketing message repeatedly and even if they do not buy a particular product from you, you still have the opportunity to market other products to them. It is easier to keep your subscribers than to get new ones so the larger the list you can build, the greater your earning potential.

Also some marketing experiments have shown that many people will only buy from you after they have received your message an average of 5 to 7 times therefore having a list is also a good way to repeatedly send out your marketing and promotional messages.

In our company's case, we have several lists of tens of thousands of subscribers which we have built over the years by the Grace of God. These lists are our assets such that if we have a new product today, all we have to do is send the info out to the our lists and we begin to get instant responses within hours. That's the awesome power of the lists.

The important thing to bear in mind is not to bombard your lists with too much sales messages. Instead always give them helpful information and then stylishly mention your product.

Definition: Optin lists
Email marketing lists are sometimes also referred to as optin lists because people are required to opt to join of their own free will, and are also expected to be provided with a means of opting out such as an unsubscribe link.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 2
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2012 »
Tony,
You are a great teacher tnx alot

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +25
  • Webmaster
  • My Rank: 76
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2012 »
Thanks Tony.

I have a question based on what you said;
"If you are on VPS hosting with unlimited emails, you can also host your own autoresponder script without having to pay a monthly fee to a third party commercial service. But if you are on shared hosting, most hosts will limit the number of subscribers that you are allowed to have so hosting your own script won't be a good idea."

I would like to know if one that is on shared hosting with unlimited capacity can install and use the autoresponder script successfully.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 40
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2012 »
Yes you can with shared hosting you can sure implement the auto responder script successfully
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2012 »
Thanks yomiprof.
We're one another’s strength; because where I’m weak[strong], u’re strong[weak].

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 40
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2012 »
U ar welkome
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +72
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2012 »
Great great
Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2012 »
+1

I would like to know if one that is on shared hosting with unlimited capacity can install and use the autoresponder script successfully.

Unlimited capacity can mean different things. Don't confuse unlimited bandwidth with unlimited emails. Capacity can refer to different things when it comes to hosting. Most shared hosts I know do not provide unlimited emails (despite the fact that they may offer unlimited bandwidth). So my advice still remains that you should not use the self-hosted autoresponder on a shared hosting account (unless it is specified that you have unlimited emails).

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Webmaster
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2012 »
@Tony: You're very correct, thanks.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • It may be difficult, but not Impossible! BELIEVE!!
  • My Rank: 15
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2012 »
Chief Tony!

Your exquisite exposition to Emenyke's enquiry is highly appreciated! :)

In my search and ponderings around various posts in the house regaring this issue,  was sure someone would have asked something similar, and an exhaustive, comprehensive and impeccable answer and reply given.

I just want to say THANKS! :)

• Administrator
  • Respect: +12017
  • 34th Chamber
  • My Rank: 10
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2012 »
+1
I just want to say THANKS! :)
Thank you for appreciating Tony's post. I also want to remind you that The new way to say thanks in the forum is to Vote Up the post that you are appreciating. (Pls see more about this here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )
Success is a state of the mind

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • It may be difficult, but not Impossible! BELIEVE!!
  • My Rank: 15
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2012 »
My Oga!

Thanks for the reminder!

Done!!

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • Respect: +14
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 12
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2012 »
Kudos to Oga Tony for the info on autoresponder. For the past few days i've been searching for info on this subject. But i still have a question. Sir, how can i create a form with write ups on it via autoresponder and then install it on my blog just like the squeeze page in ng44.com for the free 7 days course. Secondly, since traffic wave charge a fixed amount even for unlimited mail list size could it be a better option compared to others?
Morality can not come out from Immorality.. watch your step!!!

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2013 »
Kudos to Oga Tony for the info on autoresponder. For the past few days i've been searching for info on this subject. But i still have a question. Sir, how can i create a form with write ups on it via autoresponder and then install it on my blog just like the squeeze page in ng44.com for the free 7 days course. Secondly, since traffic wave charge a fixed amount even for unlimited mail list size could it be a better option compared to others?
Each of them has their advantages and disadvantages but In terms of price traffic wave is better. The issue we had with traffic wave was that the number of people confirming their registration and the delivery of the messages seemed a bit low hence we decided to opt for Infinite Responder which is the one you host by yourself.

For starters you can use TrafficWave. We have not used any of the others but they seem to have an easier and more beautiful interface with more features than trafficwave and they seem to be very popular especially among foreign online marketers but their monthly price is a big limiting factor for newbies. There are also free ones but those ones are just crap.

Trafficwave provides a very detailed introductory online course that explains the exact process of setting up an optin list complete with squeeze page and how to load it with messages similar to what we have for our free course. In fact you don't even need a website and they also have a referral program that is not bad.

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • 1st Chamber
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2013 »
+2
I've been able to gather all the info i need on traffic wave although it was not easy because i had to spend hours and days on their website studying it. Thank God i conquered in the end and I've even written an eBook on traffic wave's autoresponder. Thanks Oga Tony.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
I've been able to gather all the info i need on traffic wave although it was not easy because i had to spend hours and days on their website studying it. Thank God i conquered in the end and I've even written an eBook on traffic wave's autoresponder. Thanks Oga Tony.
You are welcome. Congrats on your new book, that's the spirit! Keep churning out ebooks and soon you will have yourself a huge empire. I guess you promoted your referral link in the book.

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • 1st Chamber
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
Thanks my coach. I've not actually promoted it in my eBook but i'll do just that. I intend going into info marketing big time and i have written 5 other eBooks as well. Currently, i am developing and updating my blog and as soon as am through i will post my blog's link for assessment and criticism by the house. Although i've been having a tight schedule and some constraints but i hope to be set by february.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
I've not actually promoted it in my eBook but i'll do just that.
Yes you should. Thats an additional way to make money from the ebook. On the step that tells them to go to the trafficwave website, put your link there, also advertise the link on every page if possible. and also at the end make sure you add a page or two to promote any other services and ebooks that you have.

i have written 5 other eBooks as well.
Seriously? Wow. I wish you all the best and I believe you will share your experiences and testimonies with the house soon.

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • 1st Chamber
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2013 »
Thanks boss for the encouragement. The tips are well noted. I'll definitely share my experience in due course.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014 »
Here is a very detailed tutorial on setting up an autoresponder You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You should also read this post for more tips: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login