!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

I need help on my seo title and description by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

Paypal and Gtb problem by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

http versus https by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2017]

Identity Verification On amzon Associates account by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 06, 2017]

site to test my domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 01, 2017]

how soon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 24, 2017]

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 19, 2017]

How to Withdraw from Paypal in Nigeria Using Payoneer Card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 12, 2017]

linking a post to an external link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 10, 2017]

Building with WordPress by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 09, 2017]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 08, 2017]

Create a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 07, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 04, 2017]

Facebook advert by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Hello sir by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 27, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Author Topic: 100% free web hosting domain  (Read 715 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 0 (Newbie)
  • Respect: 0
  • 1st chamber
  • My Rank: 1
100% free web hosting domain
« on: May 04, 2012 »
Hi everyone out could you help with a 100% free web hosting site, i have tried searching to no avail, i will be glad if someone could give me a link for good standard 100% free web hosting domain

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 41
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Re: 100% free web hosting domain
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012 »
Hey! Why do you wanna use free webhosting service? But why not try the paid hosting service so dat u can enjoy fully d benefits of what u ar paying for as wel as monetising it. But have got some free 100% webhosting services for you. They include; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (banner and pop-up free)
http//www.blogger.com or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. You can try any of the above maybe you wil get what you are looking 4.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012 »
@ gento: I think you should also look at the options you have about the advantages and disadvantages of each and here .

Free web hosting

Advantages:
No cost to you. Free web hosting is just that—free of charge. That means you’ll never be billed for the space or bandwidth you use.
Great way to experiment. If you’re learning HTML or want to experiment with design, free web hosting offers a great way to play online without any investment to you.
Update friends and family. Free hosting is an excellent way to showcase your personal pictures and thoughts, and give your family and friends a safe place to check in with you.

Disadvantages:
No domain name. With a free web host, you’ll get a very long web address as your homepage. If you sign up with Google Sites, for example, your address may look like this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . That address is difficult to remember and not ideal if you’re trying to brand yourself online or get your business noticed.

Limited software options. With free web hosts you get only the basics. You’ll be given a small amount of space and bandwidth and you may be given a basic site builder to craft a few pages.

No backups. Free web hosts do not backup your data. That means that if something goes wrong with your host, your files may be lost for good.
Limited space. The amount of space you’ll be given on your free web hosting server is limited and set-in-stone. Once you’ve used up your allotted space, that’s it.

Possible advertising. Many free web hosts can afford to offer you space at no charge because they place banner or pop up ads on your pages.

Paid web hosting

Paid web hosts give you a set amount of space and bandwidth each month in exchange for a small monthly fee.

Advantages:
Low cost. The cost to host a website is minimal and often times less than what you pay for a cup of coffee.

Domain name. Using your own domain name means you’re easier to find. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is much easier to remember than You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Complete control. When you pay for hosting you’re in complete control of everything. If you want to put ads on your site to make a little money, you’re welcome to that.

Free software. Each paid web hosting account comes with a variety of free software that enables you to install blogs and forum software, shopping carts, manage email addresses and more.

Room to grow. With paid hosting, you’re able to upgrade your account at any time should you outgrow your current plan.
Backups. Web hosts will backup your data nightly and give you the tools to backup your site, as well.

Disadvantages
Small monthly fee.

So you can really weigh these options and decide if you really want to go with a free web hosting.
Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!

• Level 0 (Newbie)
  • 1st chamber
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012 »
Thanks for the help i just want to use it to practice and mastering

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +73
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012 »
Okay then that's a better bargain, all the best man
Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!

• Level 0 (Newbie)
  • 1st chamber
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012 »
i just host my website with this site now You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and this is the message i got Congratulations! Your free hosting account has been activated.
Replace this index.html file with your website using FTP or the file manager. so i will like know how i can replace the index.html with my website using FTP or file manager.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 41
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012 »
Ok that means you have to design your homepage with any html editor and then save it with index.html. After that transfer it with filezilla to ur public_html. But u have to delete the existing index.html b4 d transfer. To learn more about filezila u cn read the thread on how to use filezila.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012 »
@2gento70jk: It would appear that you are straying a little bit too far from the content of this course as presented in the materials given to you. I advice that if you are just starting out you should stick to the stuff in the materials and read the list of books for each chamber in the correct order as listed in the study guide. The reason for this advice is because FTP / Filezilla is not exactly beginner level and could very easily confuse you. You must first learn to crawl before learning to walk.

If you need a free host to practice, use Blogger as explained in the Lesson on building a free website. Its free and when the right time comes you can buy a domain name and convert it to a .com if need be.

Having said that, here's the link to the thread on FTP and Filezilla mentioned by yomiprof: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.