!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

I need help on my seo title and description by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

Paypal and Gtb problem by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 15, 2017]

http versus https by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 07, 2017]

Identity Verification On amzon Associates account by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 06, 2017]

site to test my domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jul 01, 2017]

how soon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 24, 2017]

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 19, 2017]

How to Withdraw from Paypal in Nigeria Using Payoneer Card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 12, 2017]

linking a post to an external link by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 10, 2017]

Building with WordPress by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 09, 2017]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 08, 2017]

Create a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 07, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jun 04, 2017]

Facebook advert by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Hello sir by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 31, 2017]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 28, 2017]

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 27, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Author Topic: How to add Email subscription Form to Wordpress  (Read 848 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 1 (Infant)
  • Respect: 0
  • My Rank: 2
Hi,
Am battling with email subscription form for wordpress website. Can someone help please? Which service do I use Feedburner seems not working since am no longer using blogger

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +323
  • am already in cloud 9
  • My Rank: 41
    • Latest News In Nigeria
Re: Wordpress design
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012 »
Bro try subscription2 pluggin. You can download it at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or directly 4rm your backends. It's easy to use and customiz. Cheers!
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Level 1 (Infant)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012 »
Thanks yomiprof,

I searched for ''subscription2 plugin'' u suggested but nothing matched my search. Could u advise more on the searched term to find this plugin. I tried Aweber but seems it's not free. Hope the subscription2 plugin is free.
I found feedburner as well but demands ID which I do not know how to get. thanks

• Level 1 (Infant)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012 »
Ok. I have found it finally using '' subscribe2'' search term, but seems it's not working on my site You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. What could be the problem?

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012 »
Sorry i wanted to write subscribe2 bt tank God you found it. I just checked your site now and the subscribe2 button is active. I think you need more settings of that. Just go back to your dashboard and set the subscribe2, there are a lot of options their to play around with. There are a lot of setings to be done. Aweber is not free u just have to pay something.
Browse & Download unlimited with MTN here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012 »
There is anothr tin i discover with ur site. It like u hav two email subscription widget displaying on ur site,mayb u should fix dat or try nd remove one.

• Level 1 (Infant)
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012 »
Thanks Yomi,

I taks a while for this plugin to show-up in frontend anyway. It's not as bold as Feedburner form, is there not a way to edit the HTML of this plugin jst like I do wt feedburner form wt blogger. This wordpress design gives me worry unlike blogger I have been using. I thought using wordpress this design would be faster with the help of plugins but on the contrary now cos some of this plugins don't  work (see ma facebook fan page not workin) wt ma wordpress design.
I'll appreciate more suggestions and advice.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012 »
Migrating 4rm blogger to wordpress is just like starting a fresh site design. And their will always be need to direct your already subscribers to the new site. Don't worry the interface is very very easy to use, it's because you are new to it that's why it seems as if it difficult to use. Unlike the fan page you will need to download the facebook like pluggin in other to mak it visible again. The subscribers button may not be as visible as feedburner but you can still try various subscribe pluggin. Wordpess has enough so download and try them. Or better stil, if u still wana consider a paid one like Aweber, that will be nyc since their service is ok. With time you wil love using wordpress to design. To learn more u can read lesson 8 again on how to design a paid website which talk more about wordpress. Hav a love evening.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7996
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 82
Re: How to add Email subscription Form to Wordpress
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012 »
@Emenyke: Even though your website is not on Blogspot, you can still use Feedburner to manage your subscriptions. Although subscribe2 plugin is a good alternative, it comes with its own issues so its not exactly the best solution. Before I mention how to use Feedburner for Wordpress (or other non-Blogspot websites), here are some of the pros and cons of each method:

Pros of Subscribe2:
1. Allows you to easily have people subscribe to specific categories only instead of the whole feed. This option is currently available in feedburner and implementing it with feedburner requires a longer and more tedious process that involves creating seperate feedburner feeds for each category and then integrating these options into your subscribe form (in short, that would be a long and rather technical process). Also you have more control over the management of your subscribers.

2. Allows you to send out reminders to those who are yet to activate their subscription

3. Allows you to upload email addresses and add to your list by yourself without them needing to activate first (not always recommended due to anti-spam regulations)

4. You cannot monetize your feed with AdSense (not allowed by Adsense)

Cons of Subscribe2:
The plugin uses your own hosting account mail server for sending the mails and Shared hosting accounts usually limit the maximum number of emails that you can send in an hour therefore as your subscribers grow, it will come to a point where your host will ask you to upgrade to a much more expensive VPS or dedicated server so that the sending limits will be removed and then you can send unlimited number of emails.

Pros of Feedburner:
1. You are able to handle a nearly unlimited number of subscribers without worrying about email sending limits

2. Very Easy to monetize your feed with AdSense (this can be a substantial revenue earner by the time your subscribers become very many (tens of thousands)

Cons of Feedburner
1. In addition to not having the option to subscribe to specific categories, there is no option to send out a reminder to those that have not activated their subscriptions. Typically, only half of the people that actually submit their email address will end up activating their subscription.

2. You cannot upload email addresses in bulk and add them to your subscribers

So which one is better?
Ultimately we suggest Feedburner unless you are willing to spend big bucks upgrading to a VPS or dedicated server. If you dont have such financial resources then the earlier you switch to feedburner, the better because when you switch you are unfortunately going to lose any of those subscribers that already subscribed via subscribe2

How to use Feedburner with Wordpress
See this post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When you have obtained your code from the method above, you can then customize the code itself to look just the way you want.

Regarding the Facebook fan page box not showing, that just might be caused by the theme you are using or possibly a mistake in the code from your part. If you wish to solve that challenge, Please start a new thread for it and provide the facebook code you are trying to use and then we can continue from there.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012 »
Good day boss! Are u trying to say that subscribe2 is not adsense surported? If so could that be the reason why my adsense was nt approve? I was checking through my blog and i discover that my All in one Seo keyword is different from the rest of the keyword i used in each of my post, could this also be the reason adsense disaprove my application?

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012 »
What I mean is that you cannot show adsense ads inside the emails sent using subscribe2 but its not as if using the plugin itself on your site is not allowed.

No I dont think any of those are the reasons why your adsense was disapproved. I believe that has more to do with the actual content you had on your website.

I was checking through my blog and i discover that my All in one Seo keyword is different from the rest of the keyword i used in each of my post
Which of the All in One SEO Pack keywords?

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • am already in cloud 9
    • Latest News In Nigeria
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012 »
As in the keyword i used in d defalt settings of the seo pack.

• Administrator
  • 18th Chamber
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012 »
OK. But I dont think that can cause AdSense to disable your account.

• Level 1 (Infant)
« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2012 »
Tony,

You are the master. tnx alot!