!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

How To Get Free Web Hosting And Free domain by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 24, 2017]

Got paid on Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 23, 2017]

Dashboard by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 15, 2017]

Good day everyone by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 13, 2017]

Mapping or Linking Goddady Domains to Blogger Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 10, 2017]

clerifications by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 09, 2017]

How to Create Peer to Peer Donation Website / Ponzi Script? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 07, 2017]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Amazon registration in becoming an affiliate 2016 by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Can I Point my Paid domain to a free hosting account? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

How do I get a website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

GLAD TO BE BACK! by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 28, 2017]

Is SFI real? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 27, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 26, 2017]

Thoughts that run the world by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 09, 2017]

Adsense Acceptable Websites by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 08, 2017]

Retrieving Profile Picture Option by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

how do i sort for jobs to place on a job website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

What is a Feed and What is the Importance? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

May I Introduce myself by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 11, 2017]

powered by blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 07, 2017]

How Often Should I Post New Articles? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 04, 2017]

Suggested Structure of an Ideal Sales Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Jan 01, 2017]

site review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 31, 2016]

Blogger video bar configuration by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 16, 2016]

Picture permission from a website before using it. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 11, 2016]

how to create news post without copying or editing content from another site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 08, 2016]

Website Showcase - Drop Your Website Link(s) Here by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 06, 2016]

Expired domain parking and flipping by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2016]

Author Topic: How can I apply tags using blogger  (Read 521 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +72
  • 3rd Chamber
  • My Rank: 108
    • Nigerian Job Website
How can I apply tags using blogger
« on: Apr 24, 2012 »
This ought to have been asked earlier than now, but I had to check through some of the lessons we've have to see if I could find the solution,but I didn't find.

Using blogger, when writing my post and I want to include a tag say on a word like 'resume' or 'game' I usually highlight the word and click on link and then input my home page URL on the pop up,so wen you click on this word resume' it takes you my home page instead of to a page that talks about resume writing and samples,just as my Boss discovered in the other tread,

now my challenge is that I have been trying to locate how I can properly do this but the only provision I see is by using labels, and when I use the labels wat I see on the URL looks like this:www.nigerianjobrecruiter.blogspot. com/search/label/resume. This puzzles me cos wen I look at what others are doing I see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so pls Boss I need your help here pls,or any one in the house who can profer a solution, I will be grateful. Tanks

Better is not good enough, the best is yet to come!

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • 3rd Chamber
    • Nigerian Job Website
Re: How can I apply tags using blogger
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2012 »
Pls Boss I understand your busy schedule but pls just a little tip from you concerning this challenge will be appreciated.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 78
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012 »
Hello Prince Nuel, very sorry about the long delay in responding to your question. Things have been kind of very tight around here lately so I've not been active here for some time but am back now by the Grace of God. Now to your questions:

Using blogger, when writing my post and I want to include a tag say on a word like 'resume' or 'game' I usually highlight the word and click on link and then input my home page URL on the pop up,so wen you click on this word resume' it takes you my home page instead of to a page that talks about resume writing and samples,just as my Boss discovered in the other tread,

I'll like to point out that what I was actually talking about was not the tags you have but the actual titles of the updates that are showing on the home page. Ordinarily, when you click on any title of any post in the home page, it ought to take you to the full post but your titles are pointing to the home page url of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

I have a feeling that the issue has to do with an option available on the old blogger interface under Settings > Archiving. The option "Enable Post Pages" should be set to yes. I couldnt locate this setting in the new blogger interface so you may have to switch back to the old interface to check.

now my challenge is that I have been trying to locate how I can properly do this but the only provision I see is by using labels, and when I use the labels wat I see on the URL looks like this:www.nigerianjobrecruiter.blogspot. com/search/label/resume. This puzzles me cos wen I look at what others are doing I see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so pls Boss I need your help here pls,or any one in the house who can profer a solution, I will be grateful. Tanks

Coming to your main question above, your puzzlement is due to the differences between the structure of blogger and Wordpress. In blogger, what you have are Labels (no categories or tags) while in wordpress, you have Categories and Tags but not Labels.

Actually they all mean almost the same thing but they are implemented in different ways. In other words,

Labels are to Blogger what Tags and Categories are to Wordpress.

Those websites where you see /tag/ are wordpress websites. That is the way wordpress generates the URL for tags. While blogger uses a different format /search/label/ for labels.

Two more observations about your site:

#1:  Am not exactly sure why you are adding the "tags" like you described i.e turning certain words into links. PErhaps you saw it on some other website. You should know that most of these websites are Wordpress websites and Wordpress has a plugin that does it automatically. Adding links like this is a good thing because it helps with SEO but there should be a strategy behind it to justify the manual effort. This strategy should be that the words you are turning to links and the page that they are linking to should contain or be related to specific keywords that you want to strengthen your site for.

#2:  I noticed that your full posts are showing on the homepage. Hope you know you can shorten them to show only a summary and then Read More leading to the page with the full post. This way your home page can accomodate very long posts without stretching too far down. To do this you need to add a Jump Break or Read More link. See here for how to do it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • 3rd Chamber
    • Nigerian Job Website
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012 »
Thanks Boss, but on mine enable post says yes,but I think it's the link cos I put my home page in that link column, let me try the "read more " stuff thanks Boss

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +81
  • My Rank: 38
    • Chioma Andy's Blog
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2012 »
 i had questions about the "read more" option and i am glad i got my solution here. thanks Mr Tony. this is the best forum ever. ;)
for your daily scoop on Entertainment, News, and much more- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 78
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2012 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i had questions about the "read more" option and i am glad i got my solution here. thanks Mr Tony. this is the best forum ever. ;)
We thank God for everything. Hopefully very soon you too will be experienced enough to help other new members as they come in. Welcome
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.