!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

Practicing NVU by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Today at 11:45 AM]

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

Good Day by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 24, 2017]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 18, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 28, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Is SFI real? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Good day everyone by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Mapping or Linking Goddady Domains to Blogger Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

How to Create Peer to Peer Donation Website / Ponzi Script? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Amazon registration in becoming an affiliate 2016 by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Introducing My Own Free Web Hosting Company by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 11, 2017]

How To Get Free Web Hosting And Free domain by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 05, 2017]

Should I use both Wordpress and Joomla on same website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 09, 2017]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Can I Point my Paid domain to a free hosting account? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

How do I get a website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

GLAD TO BE BACK! by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 28, 2017]

Thoughts that run the world by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 09, 2017]

Adsense Acceptable Websites by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 08, 2017]

Author Topic: How To Set Up and Use Google Documents Offline  (Read 376 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
You can work on your Google Drive files offline, but only if you take a few steps before you reach an Internet-free zone.

I recently started working entirely in the cloud. My work files live in Google Drive, and I use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for the majority of my business work.
One problem, which I mentioned when describing my transition to working entirely in the cloud in last week's column, is that working offline is possible but that requires setting it up ahead of time.

Sure, that sounds reasonable. Before you work offline, of course you need to set up a few things in advance! The problem happens when you don't realize you won't have Internet access. You know what they say about assumptions...

Maybe you board an airplane thinking there will be Wi-Fi, and there isn't. Or you arrive at a hotel where you expected Wi-Fi, but the ISP is down. What if a storm knocks out your Internet access at your home? Or maybe you were so excited about a trip to Tahiti that you plum forgot to set up offline access. It happens.

If you don't want this to happen to you, you need to set up Google Drive offline access now. Here's how.

How to Set Up Google Drive Offline:

1. Install Chrome. On laptops and desktop computers, you need the Chrome browser for offline access.

2. Sign into Chrome. On your laptop or desktop computer, you'll need more than just the Chrome browser. You'll also need a Chrome account. Get one, and sign in.

3. Download all the apps to your mobile devices. To be able to edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations offline on mobile devices, you need the Google Drive app, as well as the apps for Docs, Sheets, and Slides (or whichever of those services you use).

4. Sign into Google. Sign into your Google account. If you have a personal account, offline access will automatically be enabled for Docs, Sheets, and Slides, so you're done.
If you use Google Apps for Work or Google Apps for Education, you must enable offline access:

•   Go to docs.google.com (or sheets.google.com or slides.google.com).
•   Click on the menu icon at left.
•   Select Settings.
•   Look for "Offline Sync" and click "Turn on."

Before You Arrive in No Man's Land...

The real trick to working offline in Google Drive is making sure you do a few basic things before you leave an Internet-enabled area. Namely, you must make sure you're signed into Google.
If you're a security-minded person who signs out of Google when you're done using it and perhaps erases your Web browsing history regularly and automatically, you'll need to re-authenticate before you go to No Man's Land (i.e., an Internet-free zone).
If you arrive in No Man's Land not signed into Google, you're going to be out of luck.

Here's what I do. Let's say I'm getting on a flight, and I'm not sure there will be Internet. Before I even leave my house for the airport, I'll make sure my laptop is charged and I'll fire up Chrome and sign into Google. I'll also open the documents I want to edit during the flight. I'll leave those windows open so that when I open my laptop again next, the documents I need are pre-loaded.

A Few More Tips:

When you're working on Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides offline, Google gives you one clear indicator: a circle icon with lightning bolt at the top of the page. It's next to the star and folder icons, and it looks like this:

The moment Google recognizes an Internet connection, it will sync your changes to the cloud, and the icon will disappear.

Finally, while you can edit Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline, you can't actually change any of the folder names or other details of your Google Drive account while you're disconnected from the Internet. And if the Google Drive page isn't already loaded in Chrome, you won't even be able to open it&emdash;so just start from docs.google.com or another app-specific page first. You will be able to see your Google Drive files on a mobile device, however.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 80
Re: How To Set Up and Use Google Documents Offline
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2015 »
These are great tips. Although I don't use Google Docs a lot, I can see where this can be very useful to me in my work.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.