!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

Payoneer card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Today at 04:58 AM]

Help on how to send bulk emails by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 18, 2017]

changing domain name by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

No place like home by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 13, 2017]

Google AdSense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 09, 2017]

How To Change Dot blogspot to Dot com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 08, 2017]

Meta Tag Error - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end- by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 07, 2017]

Site for soccer news by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

How do I know if my new blog is Live? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 04, 2017]

Linking a web page to http://www.ng.com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[May 03, 2017]

Is Hostnownow.com a reliable company for hosting and domain name registrstion? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 28, 2017]

How Can I Set-up social network on my blog website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 24, 2017]

How to register and link my blog to Adsense by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 23, 2017]

fiverr backlinks by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Is SFI real? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Good day everyone by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Mapping or Linking Goddady Domains to Blogger Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

How to Create Peer to Peer Donation Website / Ponzi Script? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Amazon registration in becoming an affiliate 2016 by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 18, 2017]

Introducing My Own Free Web Hosting Company by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 11, 2017]

How To Get Free Web Hosting And Free domain by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Apr 05, 2017]

Should I use both Wordpress and Joomla on same website? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 09, 2017]

How to Start Amazon affiliate marketing by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 06, 2017]

Can I Point my Paid domain to a free hosting account? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

How do I get a website by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Mar 05, 2017]

GLAD TO BE BACK! by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 28, 2017]

Thoughts that run the world by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 09, 2017]

Adsense Acceptable Websites by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 08, 2017]

Retrieving Profile Picture Option by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

SEO for my wordpress news page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Feb 02, 2017]

Author Topic: How do I add contents to my site; directly or by uploading?  (Read 617 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +66
  • My Soul Praise the Lord
  • My Rank: 98
Please somebody clarify me, how do I add contents to my website? Do I just create a new page, type and edit and etc working directly on my site? This is the method I used with free sites, I will just type it (or copy and paste) then edit and publish.

Must I upload all my site's contents? Why did my host say I should use filezilla and upload to public-html else it won't be visible on the net. And home page= index.html?

But I created a page instantly without uploading anything and checked and saw it on my website. Does it mean that I'm the only one who can see it or what? Hahahahahahahaha

Someone please talk to me so that I will know what I'm doing or what to do. My people say whatever time a man wakes up from sleep is his morning. So, all of you that woke up early from sleep please it's just now that I awoke abeg make una tell me. Thank you.

Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 80
What platform are you using? Wordpress? Blogspot? Joomla? Plain HTML? Others? The process is different for each one so for questions like this remember to always specify what you are using.
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
@ Lucy Kalu -  Kindly answer Boss Tony"s question that 'what platform are you using?'.  This will enable appropriate answer because what works for one platform does not work for another.

You are a very lucky woman to have woken up by now.  Some of us are still slumbering.  Probably, your shout for assistance like this will wake us up.  You should pray for us.

Best regards,

Aare MacFally
Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

• Level 3 (Regular)
@Macfally Yes oh lucky indeed my brother. It is my prayer that we all should make it big.

After paying whogohost for my webhost  they included in their receipt email with a link  that I should download filezilla and upload files to public html with home page as index.html. I actually downloaded but did not upload anything yet.

I then went straight to our guide that talks about building a paid website and followed the steps and installed wordpress, added the basic plugins and selected a theme, etc and it was all easy. Then I wanted to start adding contents but the guide didn't talk about ftp so I became confused since my host talked about it.
When I used free site twas blogsopt so I created and published immediately nothing like uploading text unless to upload an image or insert it using image link. 

Thank you so much for your prompt concern. You see, I didn't even know there are differences. So, please how do I go about this?

Boss Tony thank you so much, you've been of very great help and encouragement. May God richly bless you.
Forward ever, the best is yet to come. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
@ Lucy Kalu -  Kindly visit the following topics:

1.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

and

3.  also check this google search result for more answers: (A) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
       (B)  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Tks...
Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

• Level 3 (Regular)
@Macfally Thanks for your response but sorry please non of these helped me. I'm not trying to install wordpress, I've installed already

I'm equally not trying to copy anything from another website to another nor move a website to another.

I am building a completely new website in which I've already installed and customized wordpress and I want to start creating new pages and adding fresh contents to my new site.

But see the point of my confusion: My host said I should upload files through filezilla else it won't be visible on the net. This is where my confusion is coming from.

What I want to know is whether I can go ahead and begin to create and publish instantly or I must have to upload everything using filezilla.

• Administrator
  • Level: Mentor
  • Respect: +7989
  • 18th Chamber
  • My Rank: 80
Hello Lucy, Forget about what your host said. They are referring to a non Wordpress website.

To add a new post in Wordpress, Log in to your wordpress admin dashboard and put your mouse over New near the top and then select Post from the dropdown.

Or mouse over Posts on the Left and select New Post in the flyout that opens. Please see the attached screenshots for where these are located,

The wordpress compose/edit screen will open which is very similar to that of the free Blogspot so you can use them in nearly the same way. Read the following (everything) to understand how this compose screen works. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Leave it for God, don't worry yourself. Leave it for God, don't cry no more.

• Level 3 (Regular)
Thanks a lot, my boss and mentor Sir Tony. I pray for the day to come when I will reach your level in this online thing.
Thank you for your prompt response, it helped me a lot.

Thank you both for your concern. I have done the needful for the both of you.