!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 07:46 PM]

Website design issUe by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 04:55 PM]

Joint venture on a single site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 04:32 PM]

don't have a website but still wants to run the online marketin by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Webhost purchase by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Payoneer Application by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Bing Ads And Google Adwords Payment Methods by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 07, 2017]

Selling Ebooks At Amazon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 26, 2017]

facebook fan page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 26, 2017]

Pay Per Click Fraud. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 20, 2017]

Amazon Images/Images from Amazon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2017]

Amazon Tracking of associate IDs Faulty by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 18, 2017]

Facebook Ads Payment by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 18, 2017]

how can i put html text and html tag into the notepad by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 17, 2017]

Direct log in to blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 15, 2017]

facebook ads by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 03, 2017]

How to make a 3D E-book Cover (E-Cover)? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 01, 2017]

How Can I Change Or Beautify My New YouTube Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 31, 2017]

Any Free Wordpress Theme For uni/poly Portals? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 31, 2017]

How long by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 30, 2017]

How do I continue? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 30, 2017]

E-commerce Site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 22, 2017]

Confused by Namecheap renewal fees by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 21, 2017]

Effective Paid Traffic Channel by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 20, 2017]

WordPress font by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 20, 2017]

pdf (ebook) from laptop to gmail acoun by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 18, 2017]

Website Traffic Season 12 - Amazing all-in-one tool for Google, Youtube, Amazon. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Show/Hide Widgets in Blogspot Mobile Template by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

How to Get Original Image For My Local News Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

how to create ebook covers by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Author Topic: Metamorphosis - Critical Thinking  (Read 286 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
Metamorphosis - Critical Thinking
« on: Mar 31, 2014 »
Metamorphosis - Critical Thinking

A group of scientists placed 5 monkeys in a cage and in the middle, a ladder with Bananas on top.
Every time a monkey went up the ladder, the scientists soaked the rest monkeys with cold water.
After a while, every time a monkey went up the ladder, the other ones would beat up the one on the ladder.
After sometime, no monkey dare to go up the ladder regardless of the temptation.
Scientists then decided to substitute one of the monkeys. The first thing this new monkey did was to go up the ladder. Immediately after, the other monkeys beat him up.
After several beatings, the new member learned not to climb the ladder even though never knew why.
The second monkey was substituted and the same occurred. The first new monkey participated on the beating for the second monkey. A third monkey was changed and the same was repeated. The fourth was substituted and the beating was repeated and finally, all the monkeys were replaced.
What was left was a group of 5 monkeys that even though never received a cold shower, continued to beat up any monkey who attempted to climb the ladder.
If it was possible to ask the monkeys why they would beat up all those who attempted to go up the ladder, I bet, their answer would be : "I don't know". "That's how things are done around here"
Does that sound familiar?

Ask 'why do we continue to do things the way we do if there's a better way out there"? At least, there're professors, esteemed professionals, religious elder statesmen whose opinion could 'panel-beat' any arrogant state governor to popular right-thinking leadership. Just one statement, a press release opinionated statement would carry weight if a vice chancellor of a university condemns an education policy that may be well intended but bad executed. Why praise a leader whose among his manifesto was to build hospitals, schools, good roads, railways, provide other necessary infrastructures as electricity etc as if he is expected to do otherwise! It reeks of backwardness seeing billboards adorning lies upon lies of achievements that are at best on the drawing board and no one intellect of the state can ask question?

Then the youths? Our mentality is still largely beclouded with what we want the government to do for us, so much that we are not yet expending energy exploring the things we can do for ourselves on our own. Nigerian youths are eternal grumblers, with no eye for anything else but their disappearing entitlements.
Grill them further and they'd give you a lengthy lecture on how all their oil money has been stolen, and they want to fight in a revolution. Most of them do not even know the color of Crude oil.
What they need is PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. What is that? Remember the founder of 'Whatsapp'? Jan Koum, an immigrant from Ukraine, was so poor as a teenager that he used to save his old Soviet notebooks for school and queued with his mom for food stamps. His friend and partner; Brian Acton lost a small fortune in the dot-com bust and was rejected for jobs at Twitter and Facebook. Today nko? Not even a millionaire, a billionaire, not in any yeye currency, dollar Billionaire!
Check Taiwan and Singapore foreign reserves, they're number four and five respectively. How come? Their youth through Personal Development makes payment of taxes to their fatherlands skyrocket via exports of domestic and household utilities! Look around, how many 'made in Taiwan' do you have? Have you ever heard that Taiwan was built on a rock with no natural resources like we do have oil? I heard that they even import gravel to build houses, yet, they better use their riches than us, sad, hen? Ninety percent of cell phone components are designed, manufactured and produced by individual youth from stages to stages. In China, ear plugs, cases, pouches, game apps (in thousands) are products of young boys and girls. Nigerian young graduate-engineers don't need government assistance to build apps like 'opon ayo', 'ludo', 'ten-n-te', 'okoto', 'kite flying', 'soccer set' 'ere baba ati'ya (dont roll your eyes, I did enjoy it as a game!) etc.

We may keep grumbling, the shameless leaders would keep recycling themselves for all we cared, personal development and a change of orientation, in my opinion, is one of the major answers to questions of our systemic rot.

Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It