!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

How to Apply for Payoneer Card and US Payment Service to Receive Amazon & others by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 07:46 PM]

Website design issUe by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 04:55 PM]

Joint venture on a single site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 04:32 PM]

don't have a website but still wants to run the online marketin by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Webhost purchase by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Payoneer Application by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 09, 2017]

Bing Ads And Google Adwords Payment Methods by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Dec 07, 2017]

Selling Ebooks At Amazon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 26, 2017]

facebook fan page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 26, 2017]

Pay Per Click Fraud. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 20, 2017]

Amazon Images/Images from Amazon by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 19, 2017]

Amazon Tracking of associate IDs Faulty by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 18, 2017]

Facebook Ads Payment by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 18, 2017]

how can i put html text and html tag into the notepad by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 17, 2017]

Direct log in to blogger by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 15, 2017]

facebook ads by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 03, 2017]

How to make a 3D E-book Cover (E-Cover)? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Nov 01, 2017]

How Can I Change Or Beautify My New YouTube Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 31, 2017]

Any Free Wordpress Theme For uni/poly Portals? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 31, 2017]

How long by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 30, 2017]

How do I continue? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 30, 2017]

E-commerce Site by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 22, 2017]

Confused by Namecheap renewal fees by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 21, 2017]

Effective Paid Traffic Channel by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 20, 2017]

WordPress font by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 20, 2017]

pdf (ebook) from laptop to gmail acoun by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 18, 2017]

Website Traffic Season 12 - Amazing all-in-one tool for Google, Youtube, Amazon. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Show/Hide Widgets in Blogspot Mobile Template by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

How to Get Original Image For My Local News Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

how to create ebook covers by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Author Topic: I am offering this to the house for your reading pleasure.  (Read 283 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
The Snakeful Faith

“Hey Fayth!”

“Hi Terri, how are you doing”?
“I am cool. Hey there…! I have been wondering; what’s the meaning of your name? Fayth, is it Spanish or what?

“It’s actually meant to be spelt F, A, I, T, H”.
‘So how come it’s not”?

“I don’t know. It’s of the same meaning but kinda spelt differently. Terri, don’t care about the spelling; the meaning is the ‘constant denominator’.”

“I thought as much, but why is it that you are not faithful as your name suggest…? Hahahah”!

“That’s not funny, Terri! I am as faithful as…”

“Pastor Coots”! Hahahahaa”!

“Who is Pastor Coots, by the way”?

“His name is actually Jamie Coots, a snake handling Kentucky pastor who appeared on the National Geographic television reality show "Snake Salvation."

“Tell me more Terri…”

“Sometime in 2013, Coots was caught transporting three rattlesnakes and two copperheads through Knoxville, Tennessee. Wildlife officials confiscated the snakes, and Coots pleaded guilty to illegally wildlife possession. He was given one year of unsupervised probation”.

“Really, why is he so much involved in snakes”?

“Coots said then he needed the snakes for religious reasons, citing a Bible passage in the book of Mark that reads, in part: "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

“Wow! That reminds me of ‘miracle water’ in the mud of Nachi, a community located in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, Nigeria. The belief was that the mysterious stream allegedly heals all kinds of ailments erupted from the ground”.

“Fayth, you will need to tell me more about that. I heard that in South Africa, Pastor Lesego Daniel had instructed congregation members to eat grass so that they can “be closer to God.” When the church members ate the grass, a few claimed they were cured of their ills.”

“True Terri, one woman, 21-year-old law student Rosemary Phetha claimed she suffered from a sore throat for an entire year.  Once the young woman ingested the grass, she swore it healed her malady; she said the preacher “turned me into a sheep and instructed me to eat grass.  Yes, we eat grass and we’re proud of it because it demonstrates that, with God’s power, we can do anything.”

“Isn’t that crazy, Fayth?

“So, what about pastor Coots”?

“Coots has been handling serpent for over 20 years”!

"That’s what I call “Snakeful Faith”! And yet he was never bitten once"?

“His son, Cody Coots, said his dad had been bit eight times before, "at home, he's going to lie on the couch, he's going to hurt, he's going to pray for a while and he's going to get better. That's what happened every other time…”

“Does his congregation handle snakes too”?

“Yeah! It is the only way to demonstrate your faith. Everybody! Whosoever… They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

“I tell you, that’s a cool way to show faith. I mean you must truly be faithful to hold a snake and he’s been doing that for the past 20 years. I love his way of worship, you can’t beat that”!

“Yeah Fayth, you can’t beat that until a police report about him and his activities last week”.

“They seized his snakes”?

"Jamie went across the floor. He had one of the rattlers in his hand, he came over and he was standing preaching. It was plain view; it just turned its head and bit him in the back of the hand ... within a second. An ambulance arrived shortly but was told Pastor had gone home as usual. Contacted at his house, Coots refused medical treatment.”

“Pastor Coots will be okay…he should lay his hand on himself…right”?

“An hour later, Coots was dead from a venomous snake bite, police said”.

“Hummn! Wow! I used to think that a lot of stuff that are religiously weird is of African thing. Like believing that it is poverty induced to believe and act some strange ways in a bid to satisfy faith”.

“Yup. Now you know. Google his full names if you don't believe me”

"Weird"!

Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It