!!

Welcome Guest

You are viewing this forum as a guest therefore You are Not Allowed to Post and Reply and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

collapse

* Search

* Recent Replies

How Can I Change Or Beautify My New YouTube Page by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 08:47 PM]

Effective Paid Traffic Channel by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 07:07 PM]

How long by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 03:34 PM]

pdf (ebook) from laptop to gmail acoun by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 03:27 PM]

facebook ads by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Yesterday at 11:59 AM]

Website Traffic Season 12 - Amazing all-in-one tool for Google, Youtube, Amazon. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Show/Hide Widgets in Blogspot Mobile Template by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

How to Get Original Image For My Local News Blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

how to create ebook covers by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 15, 2017]

Cheapest domain site and purchase with master card by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Oct 05, 2017]

Amazon Identity Verification by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 28, 2017]

Any monthly charges from Paypal? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

Using RSS Gadget by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

Old WordPress inbuilt themes by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 22, 2017]

how can i put html text and html tag into the notepad by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 18, 2017]

change from .blogspot.com to .com by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 17, 2017]

HTML code for Menu Buttons by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 17, 2017]

Buying Facebook group for traffic by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 16, 2017]

MBE 104_7_Building a Forum. by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 16, 2017]

Web Design Review by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 14, 2017]

Blogspot Label or page? by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

Adding HTML Code to Blogspot by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

My traffic sources by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 13, 2017]

Google Keyword Tool Asking for card details by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Sep 04, 2017]

Alternative way to buy a domain and host by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 28, 2017]

The number of times to post new content in a blog by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 27, 2017]

Problem on Adding widget to feedburner by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 27, 2017]

wer to get good website content by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 24, 2017]

Relevance of my blog name to making money by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 24, 2017]

INSECURE PASSWORD WARNING by [Not Shown, Login to View]
[Aug 23, 2017]

Author Topic: Dagote Increases a Bag of Cement's price by 10%  (Read 446 times)

Offline [Not Shown, Login to View]

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
Dangote Increases A bag of Cement's price by 10%

Fellow Nigerians,

We are moving closer to the election year of 2015 and it appears that GEJ and his team will not stop at anything to rob Nigerians to death in their efforts to finance the coming election and to continue producing multi-billionaires at the expense of the largely impoverished citizens.

We remember vividly that the price of a bag of cement jumped from about N1,100 to about N2,000 per bag just after the 2011 general election in which Dangote was a major donor to GEJ election campaign chest. The price of that commodity never returned to its original price of before the 2011 election. It rather hovered around N1,650 to N1,750 per bag before another artificial scarcity was created about two weeks ago. The duo is at it again.

Within the last two weeks, Dangote Cement factory shut down production of cement on a pretext that it was servicing its equipment. During this shutdown, price of cement went through the roof in Nigeria despite the fact that other producers like Lafarge were still producing. This shows that Dangote controls the majority of cement market in Nigeria.

I just received a sad news that Dangote increased the price of a bag of cement by N140 per bag for controlled price from the factory, a whopping almost ten percent hike in the price of this essential commodity in an economy that is heavily dependent on cement for building construction. It is not a secret that Dangote is enjoying the monopoly of the market of cement in Nigeria with no thanks to the anti-people policies of GEJ. Though there are two or three other producers of this commodity in Nigeria, the embargo on importation of this commodity has transformed Dangote, and his ilk, to demigod that must be worshipped and enriched by the already impoverished Nigerians. No wonder Dangote is claiming to be the richest man in Africa and one of the richest in the world, if not the richest black in the world. All at the expense of ordinary Nigerians, so it appears.

Now, as from the coming Monday or thereabout, Nigerians must be prepared to pay about N1,900 - N2,000 per bag of cement. It is instructive to note that the same quantity of the same commodity, with possible better quality, costs about N700 per bag in the USA.

We all know the importance of cement in constructing houses in Nigeria. Any increase in the price of this essential commodity will surely lead to hike in costs of housing across the nation. In view of this, Nigerians must be prepared to pay ten percent or more for their accommodation across the nation unless something urgently is done to curb this predatory policy of GEJ and his cohort.

We may think this is not as important as a hike in the price of petrol. It is as important, if not more important, since Nigerians may afford not to ride cars, no Nigerian can afford not to have a form of roof over his or her head. Any unjustified hike in the price of cement shall affect all Nigerians negatively. In view of this, we need to respond proactively to this anti-people decision of Dangote that is enjoying full support of GEJ.

We need to tell GEJ and his team that the cement monopoly must stop NOW. If we cannot produce enough to serve the needs of Nigerians, we must allow importation of this commodity for the benefit of all.

Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

• Forum Guide
  • Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +171
  • My Rank: 118
    • B'liv in urself.Your B'liv will Determine The Success You Have In Life
Re: Dagote Increases a Bag of Cement's price by 10%
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2014 »
+1
Good one there Aare. But, the question remains "who will bell the cat". Nigerians are afraid, nobody wants to die, but we are dying in silence.

Now, let me quickly tell you a story of my own experience of what happened two years ago. I took a flight to Calabar to get my original school certificate, so on my way coming I had to take ABC because I ran out of money after lots of expenses at the school. You know now, the way they use to do when you're an Alumni. Everything you want to get from them is money. To cut a long story short, after paying for a small bus in Calabar, we were made to understand that we shall be transferred to another in onitsha.

On getting there, we discovered that we were deceived. It was a different bus waiting to take us to Lagos. And what it means is that we were not suppose to pay that high for a BIG bus. There at Onitsha, we all went gaga, you know we Nigerians na. After several hours, say 2-3hours, we started hearing from other passengers; Oga,let's go and enter the bus like that. Only, two persons and I, were able to hold our stand. And when the majority are in support, we were compelled to join that bus like so.

What happen on that day was a typical illustration of Nigerian situation. If a policeman catches one now, instead of exercising our fundamental human right, we'll start begging. The way things are going, I might likely do as others are doing by immigrating. And since the net never changes, we shall always still chat as usual on this  forum.

Am not suffering, so am not suppose to be complaining. But I hate cheats. There's no way you will not weep for Nigeria, if you had gone gone out of the is country before. After returning from the states two years ago,each time I watch and observe what the situation is in this country. I weep internally.

May God help us in this country of ours where Billions of dollars are being stollen, while the masses suffer. I have not said all I posted to show off, but to emphasize and lay comparism to what we are facing in our nation Nigera.

Do you believe if Nigeria were to be better that this, the way we run internet businesses would be easier.e.g.power, internet connection they made all these difficult for the reach of the poor. Whereas in other countries that are not as Big as our, they enjoy all of that to the maximum. So, it's time we come together and do something to save this nation called Nigeria.

LONG LIVE NIGERIANS
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Forum Guide
  • Level 4 (Dedicated)
  • Respect: +267
  • 1st Chamber
  • My Rank: 86
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2014 »
+1
Good talk Snr. Adetutu.  Anytime I am thinking about situation in Nigeria I end up crying (i.e inside crying) because one cannot conclude how and when the problem will be solved.  To be candid, Nigerians are suffering and it is only anyone who has the opportunity to visit another country that will appreciate that fact - even a visit to Republic of Benin will reveal what hell Nigerians are going through.

NOTHING WORK IN THIS COUNTRY

Do you know that we have been queing to buy petrol in Oyo State for the past two weeks and a litre of petrol is being sold for N150.00.  There is no official reason from our government to explain the reason why petrol is scarce.

Do you know that there is no day electricity will not be taken off in the area I reside in Ibadan.  Any time there is uninterupted electricity for two days some of my friends would be saying that the then PHCN was trying and I used to educate them that  PHCN was not trying because electricity should be on for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year uninterupted.  The problem with those my friends is that they never travelled outside the shore of Nigeria and the same type of problem affect majority of Nigerians; hence I agree with the saying that "Travelling Is Part of Education".

My question to all distinguished forum members is "What is the way forward for our dear country - Nigeria?"

Best regards,

Aare MacFally
Knowledge Is Power – Seek For It

• Level 3 (Regular)
  • Respect: +28
  • My Rank: 22
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2014 »
I personal agree with you. the problem is WHO WILL BELL THE CAT? 
moving to greater height

• Level 2 (Junior)
  • Respect: +14
  • My Rank: 6
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2014 »
Me too! Who will bail the cat?